HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Illinois Hunt - 2 Months and counting down... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/256061-illinois-hunt-2-months-counting-down.html)

bugleboy 08-04-2008 06:54 PM

Illinois Hunt - 2 Months and counting down...

I drew an NR Illinois deer tag this year (who didn't right, since they had 5000 or so left I think?) and am headed to Washington County first week of October. I know that's early from some of the posts I have been reading, but when you are trying to get four guys with work and family schedules together you go hunting when you can right?! LOL

Am really excited about this. Our "fearless leader" has family in the county so we will have plenty of private land to hunt and when hunting is slow or we've filled our tags we got LOL

And, on the advice of 2Lunger I'll be carrying my rainbow flag as I look for the drowned deer out there. :D:D:D

solocamcan 08-04-2008 08:03 PM

RE: Illinois Hunt - 2 Months and counting down...

You will have fun, and that's all that matters....Hey my brother lives in Albuquerque, you should hook up with him, he is a bowhunting fool.

bugleboy 08-04-2008 08:07 PM

Hey solocamcan, who's your Bro?

2 Lunger 08-05-2008 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: bugleboy

And, on the advice of 2Lunger I'll be carrying my rainbow flag as I look for the drowned deer out there. :D:D:D
Don't forget your pink Scent Lok!

dprsdhunter 08-05-2008 05:33 AM

Isnt hunter safety blaze pink required?
At least if your huning Frisco county Illinois.[:o]

bugleboy 08-05-2008 08:57 AM

2 Lunger...DUDE...I would have forgotten that! Thanks for watching out for the NonRes guys!!! dprsd...I hear urban camo is a must for them thar' in SF....

Lanse couche couche 08-05-2008 09:15 AM

Folks from New Mexico excited about coming to Illinois to hunt deer. Damn, the times have changed.

bugleboy 08-05-2008 09:51 AM

yup, I never thought I would get excited about hunting a Whitetail over a Muley. But our deer population is so poor nowadays that it isn't very easy to fill out. But on the other hand, our Elk population is booming and we are one of the top three states I believe for world class elk. (I am pulling that number out of the air, nothing to back it up other than knowing we keep up with Colorado, Montana, Arizona and Utah for awesome Elk).

I love IL as I have been fishing there a few times in the past and sat in a tree stand 5 years ago with my buddy while he was hunting. I can't wait to get back to the Midwest.