Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now! >

Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

The IDNR website has the shotgun permits that were applied for in the first lottery available to view. Got mine! Here is the link. Good Luck!

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/index.htm

Old 06-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

Well we should be able to view permits drawn - but I just tried (Sunday, June 18 7:20pm) and the site sez thatthere's some sort of a "computer problem".

Maybe if our jerk butt Gov Blowgo didn't "divert" (STEAL) 60 million dollars from our DNR, there'd be some $$$ to keep the DNR computer systems free of these "computer problems".

In anew poll of Illinois residents, they said they feel Blowgo is even more corrupt thanthe previous Gov (George Ryan) who was charged and convicted for his schnanigans.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM

Both my wife and I still show pending for us.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal - me and the boys got exactly what we applied for.

I got 2 permits for full season. One either-sex & one antlerles only.

Johnson county.

Now my question is..............

can I apply for a remaining available permit for Will county and still be playing within the rules? Anyone?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Matt, as far as I know you can. You can get as many tags as you want, but only 2 bucks of course. I dont forsee there being a problem getting more tags even in a diff county.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well that seems good to me 25. There's no shortage of deer right here locally where I do 95 percent of my bowhunting. There's some terrific bucks and I would really like to harvest a tremendous one to show folks what roams just 10 miles outside the Chicago city limits. And if I'm forced to harvest a doe second season, no biggy, the herd can use thinning and the meat wouldn't be wasted.

Longrifle: If your showing "pending" when you go to the DNR site that's most likely because your application was received or filed after the first lottery deadline of April 30th. Just go back there and check like you previously did and scroll down to see if you are in the second lottery with the August 14th deadline I believe. You can also check to see how many remaining permits there are for the county you chose after the first lottery's permits have been issued. Good luck to you and your wife.

I forgot who messaged me and asked why I go into the lottery and don't just take advantage of the landowner tags but..............

my wife gets the landowner tags and me and the boys draw tags because then we're able to hunt on the other properties we have access to in Johnson county.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM

This is exactly what it says:

APPLICATION TYPE: FIREARM EITHER-SEX

COUNTY/HUNT AREA ISSUED:

SEASON ISSUED:

DEER TYPE:

PERMIT STATUS: PENDING PERMIT NUMBER: 000000

DATE RECEIVED: 04/03/2006

DATE PRINTED: 00/00/0000 MAILED APPROX. 3 WEEKS AFTER THIS DATE

LOTTERY/DRAWING: 1ST LOTTERY

1ST COUNTY/HUNT AREA CHOICE: HENRY

2ND COUNTY/HUNT AREA CHOICE:

2ND SEASON OPTION: YES

REPLACEMENT PERMIT: NO

USE THE SCROLL BAR TO VIEW ALL YOUR PERMITS

CLICK THE BACK BUTTON ON THE TOOL BAR TO RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS SCREEN

The way I read it, it is in the first lottery, with the second season option checked on the application. Hmmmm.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:21 PM

And I forgot, first season lottery always gets tags. I have only had to get second season only tags once and that was my error in forgetting to send in the application. Also, the link to show you what tags are remaining for each county come up "page cannot be found". Maybe Blogoyajoke should not have pocketed so much money from the DNR.[:'(]
Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

OK I applied fo rthe permit and my first choice is Ford and 2nd choice is Champaign...are those the only two counties I can hunt in??? I have never deer hunted before and this will be my first year...I hope I can get one this year......
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

You can only hunt in the county or hunting area you were given tags for.

I applied in March and ended up with only second-season at Lowden-Miller State Forest in Oregon. (IL) It was the only area I applied for and usually I get first season every year.

Oh Well, it's still hunting!

Quick Reply: Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.