Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 RV Rental? (Terra Haute, Indiana) >

RV Rental? (Terra Haute, Indiana)

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

RV Rental? (Terra Haute, Indiana)

Old 07-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RV Rental? (Terra Haute, Indiana)

We bought a used pop-up for $2k. I may take it out this yr. It doesnt have a shower but when im hunting, i try not to get all smelled up w/ misc. odors.

With this, you dont have a huge obstacle to mow around. Easy to set up. Also, if you tried to rent one out, you can buy one and rent it out instead.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i am in Sullivan Indiana just south of Terre haute there are a few RV shoppes there you might be able to get with

wetnight RV Midwest RV
not sure how far from Sullivan you are they local lake has cabins for rent 40 bucks a night air
no shower but the have public bath house all over the camp ground

there is a few fish and wildlife areas down here two great hunting
i found a spot not 1/2 mile from the lake
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try Happy Trails RV rental in Mattoon Illinois--not far from Casey
1-217-235-3044/1-217-714-0589
Dont know anythig about them --just did a web search and came across them.

I kinda like the popup idea mentioned by oakie. guess if you needed a shower you could always get a hotel one or two nights when you got to stinken
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i like the pop up idea as well your not throwing money away you can allways get a shower kit from cabelas.
might be alittle cold or just find a truck stop or a lake but might be alittle cold secondweek of nov
good scent cover though
ORIGINAL: dprsdhunter

Try Happy Trails RV rental in Mattoon Illinois--not far from Casey
1-217-235-3044/1-217-714-0589
Dont know anythig about them --just did a web search and came across them.

I kinda like the popup idea mentioned by oakie. guess if you needed a shower you could always get a hotel one or two nights when you got to stinken
Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got to thinking a little--if he had a camper with a shower do you think he would make it 10 days without running out of water--not sure whats available where he would put it--- plus just kind of more reason toward popups is all
Old 07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Spike

I have the portable shower that Cabela's sells. I've set it up but never used it. I may look into a cargo trailer, put up a cot and shower in the cold. I have water access at the farm and possibly power, if the owner will let me stay close enough to the barns.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

been there i camped in a cargo trailer
from florida to new mexico to ky
even in 30 degree weather
there warm get a little propane heater or i use electric heater most of the time
with alittle work you put a shower in is some tarps a 2x4 built up floor and run a drain out side and use some plastic shower pieces for the floor from lowes
ORIGINAL: 116Buck

I have the portable shower that Cabela's sells. I've set it up but never used it. I may look into a cargo trailer, put up a cot and shower in the cold. I have water access at the farm and possibly power, if the owner will let me stay close enough to the barns.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailcrazy

Does the farmer have a hog barn??? Why don't you try staying in there? You won't have to worry about showering, cause you'll smell like hog sh1t already and you can use that as a cover scent (kill2 birds with 1 stone). U guys from Michigan are used to sleeping with hogs,,,,,,, aren't you??? You might get lucky and your farmer may have some sheep to keep you company..........!

There are no longer any big bucks in Illinois due to people from Michigan coming down and shooting all the fork horns, and 6 pointers and calling them monsters........... STAY HOME!!!!! U WANNA BE U.P.er!

Why don't you try sellin that diesel burning hunk of crap you've got and that French Canadian (U.S.A. hating) made ATV, then you might be able to afford the whole $69 a night at the Comfort Inn. And BOOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's 20 country miles away, that means you might have to get up a whole 15 minutes earlier than normal. If you were driving a Ford Ranger it wouldonly burn 1 gallonthere and 1 gallon back, soyou would only be tacking on $8 a day for fuel... C'mon that's a grand total of $539 for room & fuel for 7 days!

STOP YOUR CRY'N and buck up the MONEY! Either that or just do all of us ILLINOISANS a favor and stay home in your wonderful state of MICHIGAN!!!!-----------------------CRY BABY!
I don't even know how to respond to this.....My self, I'd want to get as close to where I am hunting as well, just wouldn't be the same having to drive every morning to get to the woods, then drive back for lunch or whatever, then drive back to sleep.

This is a place designed to help people have an enjoyable off season in preperation for the upcoming season, now unless you created this forum, I'd suggest you stop poppin off to people you don't even know.

It's idiot replys like this that are pushing people away from this site. Congrats.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

well said solocamcan
ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Does the farmer have a hog barn??? Why don't you try staying in there? You won't have to worry about showering, cause you'll smell like hog sh1t already and you can use that as a cover scent (kill2 birds with 1 stone). U guys from Michigan are used to sleeping with hogs,,,,,,, aren't you??? You might get lucky and your farmer may have some sheep to keep you company..........!

There are no longer any big bucks in Illinois due to people from Michigan coming down and shooting all the fork horns, and 6 pointers and calling them monsters........... STAY HOME!!!!! U WANNA BE U.P.er!

Why don't you try sellin that diesel burning hunk of crap you've got and that French Canadian (U.S.A. hating) made ATV, then you might be able to afford the whole $69 a night at the Comfort Inn. And BOOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's 20 country miles away, that means you might have to get up a whole 15 minutes earlier than normal. If you were driving a Ford Ranger it wouldonly burn 1 gallonthere and 1 gallon back, soyou would only be tacking on $8 a day for fuel... C'mon that's a grand total of $539 for room & fuel for 7 days!

STOP YOUR CRY'N and buck up the MONEY! Either that or just do all of us ILLINOISANS a favor and stay home in your wonderful state of MICHIGAN!!!!-----------------------CRY BABY!
I don't even know how to respond to this.....My self, I'd want to get as close to where I am hunting as well, just wouldn't be the same having to drive every morning to get to the woods, then drive back for lunch or whatever, then drive back to sleep.

This is a place designed to help people have an enjoyable off season in preperation for the upcoming season, now unless you created this forum, I'd suggest you stop poppin off to people you don't even know.

It's idiot replys like this that are pushing people away from this site. Congrats.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, I would rather hunt with an out of stater than a native like you. Do us all a favor and think before you type!

Sorry 116 Buck. Not all of us guys from IL. act like this.

Quick Reply: RV Rental? (Terra Haute, Indiana)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.