Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Shooting Range Near Baraboo, WI >

Shooting Range Near Baraboo, WI

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shooting Range Near Baraboo, WI

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting Range Near Baraboo, WI

Anyone know of a public gun range near Baraboo, WI? Would prefer 200 yard+.

We are going camping at Devil's Lake this weekend, and I am not familiar with the area. The step-son wants me to take him shooting. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Range Near Baraboo, WI

Zim, Got your PM today. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there. I haven't been to Baraboo in a few years, but I don't remember many ranges up there. Ive used this website though to find Ranges in Wisconsin N. of Chicago. Maybe it will help.

http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting%20Ranges/Muckboy%20Wisconsin%20%20Shooting%20Range%20Page.h tm

I got a favor as well, my last resort to riflle hunt for deer this year is going to be Devils lake State Park. I know they have around 3,000 acres or so open to gun hunting for deer. Last time I was up there was around 4 years ago and they had deer everywhere. Now I hear they have CDW and the herd has been culled a lot. If you see any deer or talk to any of the park employees could you see how they are expecting the deer population to be this year and how the hunting was last year. I'd appreciate it. Thats my last spot I know of that I can try this year. Thanks for any help. Have a good trip.

P.S. Look into taking the Car Ferry in Lodi over the Wisconsin River on the way up there if you've never been up there before. It knocks off a littlemileage and is a pretty neat experience if you've never done it before.

http://www.tn.merrimac.wi.gov/ferry.htm
Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Will be glad to scout a bit. Always do anyway. Will talk to the employees as well.

Ripon seems the closest and it is 1 1/2 hour drive. Am checking for a range on the drive back Sunday afternoon.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Depending on how you drive back to Ill. Yellowstone lake has a good rifle range, don't know if it's 200 yards or not.

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/113778.html

The rifle range is on Hwy F

Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zim, there is a range just north of "33" off of "A". You have to get a membership card & key to the gate. A 1 year membership used to be around $25 but a couple of years ago. I think it may have gone by the name of Circus City Gun Club. I used to get a membership card at the sporting goods store in Baraboo. They did have a 200yd. range there as well.