Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri CCW Holders Discriminated >

Missouri CCW Holders Discriminated

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri CCW Holders Discriminated

Old 06-24-2008, 06:51 PM

Default Missouri CCW Holders Discriminated

Missouri discriminates against CCW Concealed carry permit holders. Although probebly inadvertantly, there is a flaw in the system where one agency did not consider the other. After receiving your CCW permit from the sheriffs office, you are required to go to the license Bureau and have the permit added to either your drivers license or a Non drivers missouri ID. The Missouri drivers license or ID is good for 7 years. The CCW permit is good for 3 years. You pay $11 to renew your missouri ID after 3 years. Another 3 years go by and you renew again for $11.The license office told me the next time the ID will only be good for the remaining 1 year of the 7years. I asked why I could not get the ID for the full 3 years of the CCW permit and they said it is not set up that way.Any time you renew your CCW the required State ID should also be good for the 3 years of the CCW permit.The extra $11 is not a big issue but having to go back twice in a 3 yr periodto get a new ID stinks and in essense the state gets an xtra $11.00 times how many people have a CCW out of allot of people. I may have to finda lawyer who wants to make the news to prove to the state their indiscretion. I have filed a complaint with the Governors Office and awaiting reply.[/align]
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Missouri CCW Holders Discriminated

thats some strange funky 5h1t right there lol
Old 07-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhhhh, it's just ole papa Blunt making a little extra on the side![8D] Fighting the state government will only bleed you of your hard earned cash, and turn all your hair gray anyways.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:40 PM

This went outto all the congress, senators, missouri legislature, news media and the NRA. No resolve yet!

When Missouri created legislation for Concealed Carry, I don't believe they seen or took into account this potential future injustice between the two agencies. Concealed Carry (CCW) House Bills 12, 136, 328, and 349 signed into law in 2003. Pursuant to Section 571.094, RSMo, a concealed carry endorsement shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of issuance or renewal. State non-driver ID or Drivers license is good for 6 yrs.

Permitee's are required by legislation to attend the required training then go to the local county sheriff's office to obtain the permit. After receiving permit we are required to go to the local Missouri Department of Revenue licensing office and either have the endorsement put on our drivers license or an Non-drivers state ID. Each time we renew our CCW (3yrs) endorsement on the state ID we must pay for the renewed state ID fee ($11.00).

I applied for my first endorsement on July 27, 2005 and obtained a non-driver ID with a CCW endorsement, it is good for six years from my birth date. Therefore, my non-driver ID will expire on my birth month in February 2012. Since the CCW endorsement on the state ID expires after three years, I had to just renew my CCW endorsement in May 2008, had to get a new ID (even though my State ID was not expired) with the new endorsement. I will be required to do again in 2011. In 2012, I will have to renew my non-driver's ID but my CCW endorsement will still be valid until 2014. So I will be going back again in 2014 to get a new State ID endorsement.

So between 2011 and 2014 (period of 3 yrs) I will have had to make 3 visits to the license bureau at a total cost of $33.00 to get updated endorsements added to my State ID. Add this up times all the CCW holders!

They have made it hard enough already for law abiding citizens to obtain the permit and this additional glitch and cost is unjust. I firmly believe when the legislation was written no one took into account this potential injustice between two different agency requirements. This will eventually hit all CCW holders and putting it blunt, will be ripping off all permittees.

Since we are required to go to the licensing office every three yrs to obtain a new state ID with the purpose of a CCW endorsement, the ID should be good for the term of the CCW endorsement (3 yrs) to keep us from paying extra? This glitch is an injustice and the state is getting extra money from all the CCW holders when this happens!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Only in Missouri. I hope you get r done.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 07-20-2008, 08:16 PM

Got a call form the Missouri Attorney Generals office Friday afternoon. They understood the problem and basically said oops. He said they were pushing it forward but it would take a bill from the local State rep to get it changed. After 2 contacts to the NRA and news media, have not heard a word from either of them!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 PM

Good news, After contacting the NRA, news media, state Governor, Attorney General all district Congress and Senators, Republican Senator Delbert Scott has agreed to fix the problem. Thanks to Senator Delbert Scott

Brian,
I will get this on my 2009 session list if we need legislative change but I am also asking the dept of revenue to see if they can do it internally.
This was certainlly not our intention so thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Senator Delbert Scott
28th Senatorial District
[email protected]

Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Congrads, job well done!!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like a good old govt. shake down. Tony soprano would be proud
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM

I applied for my Missouri CCW one month ago today. I know that they have 45 days to issue, but could you tell me the average time it should take and are there certain times of the year when the wait is longer? My course instructor said that it should be received in a week or two. Also, some states have websites or offices to check on the status of their CCW. Do you know if MO has any such animal?

Thanks!