HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/24687-avid-outdoorsman-school-teacher-search-summer-job-can-you-help.html)

becks16 02-25-2003 01:26 PM

Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help.

I am a school teacher who is currently looking for a postion this summer, I am wild about the outdoors and consider myself a flexible people person. Any Ideas?? I live in central MN and relocating is out of the question with 2 babies at home. Please let me know if you may have something for me.

OhioDuckHunter 02-25-2003 05:52 PM

RE: Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help.

Years ago..my 8th grade teacher worked summers for a Metro park. He may have worked all year, but I only saw him in the summer months. Check your local and state postings for opportunities. Good luck.

mrfishy34 02-26-2003 10:48 AM

RE: Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help.

if you are a good people person and know alot about hunting and fishing you could look for a job at a sports store. like a cabelas ect... you could also try taxidermy. i have a teacher that does taxidermy and does realy good on it. but its an all yr job in his spare time.

nntramp 02-28-2003 06:09 PM

Hey lots of times, DNR departments hire summer help contact them and see if something is available i spent three summers in college with South Dakota GF&P. working in parks for two summers and one at a fish hatchery.

buckmine 03-05-2003 10:16 AM

I am not sure if I am replying to the right message?

I am a teacher myself and I know why you want an outdoors job. A friend of mine has been a mentor to a 9th grader for about 2 years. He gets 11 dollars an hour and he takes him on every outdoors trip he goes on. Luckily this kid loves this stuff. He brings him ice fishing, bowhunting, to the BWCA, sledding, shed hunting, golfing, and other activities. Can you imagine getting paid to do all of these things, especially golfing.

Side Note. These tw o were fishing last summer and my friend caught a rock bass. My friend doesn' t keep rock bass. His PCA buddy told him to keep it because it was huge. It was and probably would have been a record. The largest today is 13 inches long. His was 19 inches long.

I just started with a 6th grade student and he is slowly getting outdoorsy. The purpose of this job is to get the kids out and away from there video games. I brought him out to our farm and I have him cutting small saplings for a future food plot. He loves it. If I have him do more than I should I will give him some money.

The wonderful thing about this job is you make your own hours..