HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Low Cost Caribou - Hunting Partners Wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/245170-low-cost-caribou-hunting-partners-wanted.html)

gbode 05-06-2008 08:44 PM

Low Cost Caribou - Hunting Partners Wanted

I reserved 4 spots and need 1 or 2 caribou hunters to join me on a low cost November 26th through 30th(winter) drive to hunt in northern Quebec. Thanksgiving weekend so you use only one vacation day for work.Success rate 1.87 caribou per person.I will supply my F350, 4 door, 4 x 4 and 4 Polaris Snowmobiles (at no cost). My reservation is at Mirage Outfitter Lodge $1620 per person, plus tax for the American Plan. Cozy lodging for four night, three full days hunting, room with double occupancy, electricity, lavatory, showers,three great meals a day, hot tubs, right to access hunting zone.
Hunting license:$293 total for two tags. Canadian Firearm Declaration: $25. Equal share of gas for truck: about $300 each at $5/gallon. Gas and oil for the snowmobile your using.25 hour non-stop drive each way from Utica Michigan (north of Detroit). Experienced hunters only. I have shot nine moose, one bear and over 100 deer.Contact me if your seriously interested.A deposit of $739 to the lodge is due next week. It will be another great experience.

mconwa951 05-07-2008 06:37 PM

RE: Low Cost Caribou - Hunting Partners Wanted

I am very very interested in going with you on that hunt and I might have one more to go with I will call him tonight. Where are you from. And is this hunt firearm only or are bows allowed.

Thanks
Mike

mohunter82 05-08-2008 06:51 AM

if i am correct mirage outfitters allows bows, or at least when i was looking at them they did. if it wasn't so soon i would jump on it but i have my trip planned for 2009. gonna be some great meat that time of year. good luck

tky1187 05-09-2008 07:20 AM

Yes you can use anything but Pistols up there. I hunted out of Camp Nouchime which is a camp you will past before you get to Mirage. Mirage is a beautiful looking operation and I've never heard anything but good things. The year I went up which was 02 we had 16 of us went up together and we brought 32 caribou home. Now thats what I call a succesful hunt!

fire3517 05-09-2008 07:21 AM

the mirage allows both rifles and bows this is a very respectable outfitter for caribou, they will do everything in their power to let you know where the animals are, you can go to their web page to see more and also to track the migration by satelite. I have been going there for 5 years now and going again this year for the first weeks hunt.