Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 02-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CHEQUAMEGON NAT. FOREST

Darby, I' ve hunted the Cheqamegon Forest lands for the last 30 some years. For the most part, it is all open to the public. You may find spots that some private owners have bought land nad poosted but that is very rare. We just hunt off the hunting walker trails that are set up by the DNR. We hunt around the Drummond, Wisconsin area. There are some pretty big tracts up there. Some I wonder if a human has even set foot in !!!!! If you need any more info, let me know....or email me.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Darby, There is more than one CNF. They are both good hunting areas but I have to say that the lower one....west of Medford is prime WT area.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:38 PM

Like Sswpriz, I' ve hunted the CNF for about 30 years. There is plenty of land to hunt but start looking for for a place to sleep now. If you' re gun hunting most places are booked from year to year and there is a waiting list to get in to a place.

James V lives in that area and even though I' ve never met him I know he hunts there also. Actually about a mile or two from my old place. He has a standing offer open to help other hunter out if I recall correctly. (look for the Wolf issues on the political site. He started them)

If you' re bowhunting e-mail me and I' ll offer some suggestion on cabins and areas to hunt. It might save you some time scouting. The area Im most familiar with is the Bois Brule River and State Forest. Locate SolonSprings and Brule on a WI map. Draw a line between the two and that' s my general area of hunting.
Start at the junction of Hy 53 and Hy 2. Move south on 53 and you' ll see Solon. Move east on 2 and you' ll see Brule.

Timber companies and the several Counties that are part of the forest and adjoining area all have additional open lands.

Bring along someone to help you drag your WI deer. They are bigger than those PA Deer.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Depends on what zone you hunt. Check WI DNR for the zones and listings.

There are some dandy bucks to be had in the public areas.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darby, it all depends on what you' re looking for.

I am a licensed guide for the state of wisconsin. I do know the area here very well. I can set you up with some other guides I know....you could hunt with me...or I could give also give you a few good ideas on where to go. feel free to drop me an email.