Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

Mike (mconwa951) asked me to post his buck he got this year bow hunting. Great looking buck I'd say!! Congratulation's Mike!! Here's his story and picture.

Well it has been a while since I was on here October was a bad month. Our moose hunting trip turned into a survival trip when our hunting partners rooled over ther canoe 15 miles back in and lost there one bag that had the clothes for both of them in.The warter temp was in the upper 40's and the air temp was in the low 40's with a 45 mph wind that picked up. After we got home I found my construction trailer with 15,000 worth of tools stolen and my garage broken into and my bow gone. Anyway I went and got a new DXT and got her sighted in last week and went hunting for the first time in a month on sat. When I went to call themy friend that isthe groundskeeper at the golf course I hunthe said that they couldn't allow hunting anymore until he cot a injury waiver form from there attoerney for me to sign and I have been hunting there for two years. Well with the gun opener I had no really good spots to sit so I went and asked a member of the golf course where I hunt if I could hunt her property and they said yesso I went and scouted the 10 aceras found a spot went and bought a stand hung the stand and went and got my bow. After an hour in the stand I could herea buck grunting his head of in the distance alomost like a tom turkey in the spring. After a few bleats on my MAD bleat tube he came at a dead run. He stoped 4 yds from the base of my tree and I was able to catch both lungs he went 20yds and piled up the rage 2 blade did the trick again. He had a lot of ground shrinkage but it is still my biggest bow buck and my first buck in 2 years so I am extremely happy with him.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a great buck, congrats Mike! So anyone else still hunting? Seeing anythng? I will be out this weekend with the bow, and then starting next weekend, I will be hunting with my ML for the first time ever. Cant wait, hopefully I can connect on a late season buck.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

So anyone else still hunting? Seeing anything?
I'm still at It. I'm seeing deer, just nothing I care to shoot. Tough and frustrating year for myself this year.

Good luck on your ML hunt BigD!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am seeing more this last week than I have all season. Granted I am on a small parcel but one buck chasing and one other with his nose to the ground and one more that I only caught a glimpse of. So for me things have been much better than the earlier.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm still hunting too. it's not looking good. i'm down to one or two hunts a week until the end of the year.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone still at it? Any luck or sightings? I'll try this weekend up north and then down near Albert Lea during xmas week.
Has anyone hunted the WMA's near Albert Lea before?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Went out this weekend and shot a nice doe at dark on 12/13. Found her about half hour before it started to snow. We got 15 inches of snow up there before it stopped. Very happy we found her quickly.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Spike

Hey there I'm from northern Minnesota. The Bemidji area, what's up guys?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ILLUSION HUNTER

Hey there I'm from northern Minnesota. The Bemidji area, what's up guys?
It's getting cold as hell lately, I know that much!! I bear hunt north of you up by Northhome. You all are lucky that live In northern Mn, I'd love to live up there. I live In central Mn, It's nothing like the northern woods.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation's parker on getting a doe!! 15" of snow, wow!! We just 8" the other day so deer hunting should get better. I'm still at It hoping to at least shoot a doe being the big bucks pretty much avoided my but this year. I only have one tag In the area I hunt so I better get on It and hopefully shoot myself a doe.

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.