Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Minnesota hunters

I don't see much for Mn folks in the forums. Any of you out there?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

I hunt Minnesota, have for the past 12 years. I just moved to North Dakota this year. So far, I have liked the hunting in Minnesota much better. Haven't found the right spots in ND yet, and landowners are pretty tough as far as letting you hunt their land.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

not to many of us on here...I know of 5 including yourself....

What Recuve you useing this year Schultzy ?

Iam stickin with my Hunter now that I can shoot it after surgery....It was tuff not being able to shoot last year[:@]...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

not to many of us on here...I know of 5 including yourself....

What Recuve you useing this year Schultzy ?

Iam stickin with my Hunter now that I can shoot it after surgery....It was tuff not being able to shoot last year[:@]...
Hey there Ranger! Not many of us is right. I'm using the same recurve I've been using the last 13 years. Its called a Wind Walker. Its a custom made take down recurve. I can't find the company name anywhere on the internet so I'm guessing there not around anymore. The company was located in Sartel Minnesota. They weren't a very big outfit by any means but another buddy and I went for it and bought one for ourselves. I love mine, its been great. The only downfall is its to much weight. I'm pulling about 73lbs at 28.5". Good to hear your back in the swing of things again with the shoulder all good again.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer

I hunt Minnesota, have for the past 12 years. I just moved to North Dakota this year. So far, I have liked the hunting in Minnesota much better. Haven't found the right spots in ND yet, and landowners are pretty tough as far as letting you hunt their land.
Keep looking! There are some monster bucks in that state. I'll be heading out there either this year or the next year.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck_,
Get to know some people around Page,Hunter,Arthur,Hillsburro.There is good huntin around thos places...Thats were I hunted for 12 yrs.

Schultzy,
I put 50 pound limbs on the Kudu in January and it pulls nicer then the Hunter with 50 lb limbs but I like the feel of the Hunter better and the Kudu is picky on the arrows,It dosnt seem to like POC's off the shelf so I wentback to carbon anda plastic rest and it shoots fine.
Iam going to work this year with my longbow to get that down....Hopefully....
Old 03-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I need to pick up another recurve or maybe even a longbow. When I go bear hunting up north or go out west elk hunting I don't have a back up with in case something bad happens to mine. Its something I've gotta get done this summer.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iam takeing the Kudu as a back-up bow when I go out west muly huntin this fall with the compound,the Kudu packs nice in my daypac and I cant see bringing two compounds....
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

WHAT!
Hay TeeJay,
If your refuring to the Kudu,if Iam 2-3 milesout and theDrenin takes a dump,i.e rest site,I will have the Kudu in my pac and dont need to hike back for a compound,just put it together and Iam good to go......

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.