Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas Forums

Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Kansas Forums

I'm moving to Kansas in a month as was wondering if you guys had any good forums for the area? Here in Indiana we have Hunting Indiana and Hoosier hunting. I am looking for something like that. I have tried google and have yet to come up with anything that seems to be great. Thanks for the help. Also where should I go to get a Plat map for Sedgwick County and maybe the surrounding counties.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kansas Forums

hahahahahahahahha.... uh..... no... I use this.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can hook you up with areas around butler and greenwood counties... I stay away from Sedgwick due to the city hunters...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Spike

Stevencm,

Good luck with your move. For Kansas specific forums, you can check out this one:

http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php

They seem to be very enthusiastic and keep the forum on a positive level, which is nice.

www.bowsite.com has a KS specific section and is interesting to read from time to time.

The Kansas Parks service has a very nice web site, they have a blog on it with good info, also they have an "Officers Logbook" which is very interesting to read and gives the wardens point of view on a lot of issues.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/other_se...icer_s_logbook

This next link isn't a blog either but is a update page from a hunting club, it's useful to check out for general info on what is happening in general.

http://www.midwesthunt.com/hunting_updates.htm

It looks like the rules just changed on resident deer tags, in years past we could buy an archery buck tag or a rifle buck tag but not both, apparently this year we'll be able to buy one buck tag that's good in any season with equipment for that season! Of course confirm that before taking action and things change from time to time.

Take it easy and have fun this fall!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:04 AM

So it sounds like one might need to be set up. Has this been attempted in the past? I visit other forums(waterfowl, rabbit hunting, etc) and see a lot of Kansas people who post on them. I think it would work if we could get people there. Any input?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 AM

I'm moving to Kansas in a month as was wondering if you guys had any good forums for the area? Here in Indiana we have Hunting Indiana and Hoosier hunting. I am looking for something like that. I have tried google and have yet to come up with anything that seems to be great. Thanks for the help. Also where should I go to get a Plat map for Sedgwick County and maybe the surrounding counties.
I like the idea of a Kansas forum

I got my landowner map/rural directory for Crawford Co, KSfrom Central Publishing (1-866-733-3312) (1-620-365-2106) They are located in Iola, KS
Not sure what counties they do, but it is a great resource for getting permission to hunt.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Spike

I have a crawford county book that you can have