Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 wanted ohio lease >

wanted ohio lease

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wanted ohio lease

Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM

Default wanted ohio lease

Highland, Pike, Ross, Adams county's....I would like to find a lease mostly for deer hunting. Bow and Gun. Need lease for 3 or 4 people so at least 200/ac
or more. Thanks for any info
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 AM

Default RE: wanted ohio lease

Good luck and stand in line, there are hundreds of hunters from different states looking for the same thing. I got lucky and have gained access to 200 acres in Southeastern Ohio (Washington Co.). My co-workers in-laws have this property andnone of their family hunts.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:30 AM

Thats not what I wanted to hear
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but due to recent Ohio Giant Buck harvests (Schmucker, Beatty, Rex, and Jerman), Ohio has gained a big reputation for trophy hunting. Your best bet would be to find some good public hunting land in Ohio. I live in WV and work here in SE Ohio and it is very hard for out of staters to gain access to hunt private land unless you know someone. Most all leases are spoken for unless you want to spend several thousand dollars per hunter.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Basecamp leasing currently has 12 leases available for Ohio, but none are in the counties you mentioned. If you have the money to spend andthe time to check out leasing sites, I think that you can find something.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Ohio doesn't lease to Michigan residents, sorry. Tressel state. Just kidding good luck finding a lease.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 AM

With over 60,000 acres of prime deer hunting with public access why lease Ross County has a great area of public and not hunted very hard i live here in Ohio an own 285 acres in Coshocton County and truthful i hunt both mine and public area around me so take a look at Ohio's ODNR website ya may find some good stuff there to look at or PM me i'll send you some info

MrGobbler
Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 PM

CJohnson,
We still have a few leases available in the counties you mentioned. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. For those interested in leases who do not get a property for this season we are taking a waiting list for the 2009 season. We should have several more properties to lease for the 2009 season.

Thanks,
Matt
www.sunfishvalleyoutfitters.com
Old 07-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not an outfitter/ land broker etc. but I do have 300 + acres in SE. OH. for lease. $4,000.00 per year for up to 4 hunters, Not interested in talking to you if you wont shoot doe's. If interested please e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM

Man, some of these leases are outrageous. If you lease a place for $1,000 a year and do that for several years, that's a nice down payment on a piece of property. You don't need 300 acres to harvest a nice deer. I have seen nice bucks taken from properly managed properties that range from 20-50 acres. For around 200-300 a month, you can afford a small piece of heaven. And it's YOURS!

Sorry for hi jacking this lease thread, but some of these people are taking advantage of us hunters. Like stated before, the public land isn't too bad if you are willing to walk a little. I am so thankful to personally own 35 acres butting up to my uncles 65 acres. I have 100 acres that only me, my dad and uncle hunt on. I basically have it to myself during bow season and turkey season.Even though 100 acres isn't that big, we still manage our property with habitat improvements, food plots, etc and we always harvest quality deer. I would think about purchasing land before throwing my money down on a lease.

Quick Reply: wanted ohio lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.