Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Marine in NE Ohio >

Marine in NE Ohio

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Marine in NE Ohio

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default Marine in NE Ohio

Great to be a part of this cool site and reading all of the discussions from informative people who share a lot of their experiences that coincide with my own interests. I think there are a lot of excellent resources here and I look forward to reading and conversing with others regarding their builds as well as my latest builds and of course my ideas in the near and future. I’d like to say a few things about myself and the things I like to do. I am a former US Marine that served in the Gulf War and I currently reside in North-East Ohio. I enjoy hunting-fishing and would certainly like to try my hand at some long range shooting, and let’s not forget my enjoyment in riding four wheelers. Since growing up in North-East Ohio it has given me an excellent opportunity to do a lot of deer hunting along with turkey hunting and during the summer months I try to find time to get my .243 out and try my luck with varmint hunting. I’m currently waiting on a 300 win mag. build that should be completed anytime now.

Here in Ohio, gun season for deer hunting we are stuck using our slug guns or muzzleloaders. Over the years I have definitely tightened up my slug gun using my Mossberg 500 with a ported rifled barrel and a 3-9-40x Nikon BuckMaster that shoots 1½” groups with Federal Barnes Expanders at a 100yards all day long. Last year I picked up a Thompson Center Omega 50 cal. with 2½-10-50x Weaver scope shooting TC’s 250gr. Shockwave bullets extremely well, but I am determined to get this new bullet from Canada to shoot as well as the manufacturer states, groups in .75-.5. My true passion in hunting is early season archery and in Ohio you can hunt with a crossbow starting in October. My first bow was a Horton Legend, but now I have the Horton XS 200lb. draw which typically shoots Easton’s 2219 XX75 with a 125gr. Thunderhead around 320fps, it’s a real shooter out to 45 yards with no problem. We all know everyone has their opinion about crossbows versus compound – long – re-curve bows, but archery hunting is enjoyable no matter what you choose to go out with.

Well I’m currently looking for the opportunity through this website along with talking to others here to find people in my area or within reasonable driving distance who enjoy hunting and take safety in the woods as serious as I. I’d really like to find some new friends or even a game club or association who enjoy deer hunting and wouldn’t mind a Marine coming out and hunting with them. So hopefully I can have a chance this up coming 2008 season. Well good day to all, I’m looking forward to hearing form some cool people, you never know I might find a new place to hunt.[/align]
Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 AM

Default RE: Marine in NE Ohio

USMC give me a holler anytime i live here in Ohio just south of Cleveland an hunt mostly in Coshocton Co area i have land down there and also hunt some of the AEP Area near Wills Creek

MrGobbler