Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ever fish Atterbury FWA in Indiana?  Help me >

Ever fish Atterbury FWA in Indiana? Help me

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ever fish Atterbury FWA in Indiana? Help me

Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Spike

Default Ever fish Atterbury FWA in Indiana? Help me

Hey Guys and Gals -

Every year my GF and I drive to Indiana to visit her son who resides just south of Indianapolis. During the weeklong visit, he will usually need to spend a couple of days at work leaving us to find our own amusement.

In the past, those days have been spent shopping the Edinburg Mall, shooting pool, or traveling south to KY to scope out some areas around Louisville for our future retirement. This year she suggested that I purchase a license and spend some time fishing. Gotta love this woman, right? She'll bring a book or magazine and enjoy the day.

Doing some early online prep work, I found the nearby Atterbury Fish & Wildlife Area in Johnson County. Five of the six areas there are reported to have "good" shoreline fishing; Pisgah Lake is reported as "fair." I will be using my light portable electric scooter complementing my cane in order to get around. The time frame will be mid to late summer. The dominant species are listed as Largemouth Bass, Bluegill/Redear, and Catfish. I was looking to get some feedback from residents who have fished the areas for some ideas on best access sites and techniques.

Your hints, suggestions, or alternative ideas will be most welcome and don't hesitate to fire back at me any questions you have.

Thanks a lot,
Rob