Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 shots fired at Northern Illinois University >

shots fired at Northern Illinois University

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

shots fired at Northern Illinois University

Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shots fired at Northern Illinois University

You'll all be comforted to know the gunman did hold a valid FOID card.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Zim

Why do you say that????
Old 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ronjohn

ORIGINAL: Zim

Why do you say that????
So if you are an Illinois or Chicago resident you can call your local politician and thank him. Tell him how effective histaking away your constitutional right was.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Yea well, I hope we all agree the guy that did that was sick unstable, and definatly going to hell for what he did. The one girl that died had her serveces today in the town we live in,very sad.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear your brother was not hurt Duckdog.

Everybody in IL, it's time to fix the problem.
Get behind this... http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

The best way to minimize the damage caused by crazies like the killer (not 'gunman') is to get concealed carry not only legalized in IL, but in ALL places within the state. Killers keep choosing to shoot people in 'gun-free-zones'like schools.

As long as there are places where criminals know their victims will be unable to defend themselves, they will continue to succeed in destroying innocent lives.

As professional and quick to respond as law enforcement and security forces can be, they will never be able to react to a situation like this as quickly or as effectively as an armed good guy who finds him/herself in close proximity to the bad guy when the shooting starts. This is as true in public as it is at home. The police will almost always start their activity from OUTSIDE the situation, and will almost always be unable to stop the killer before several lives have been lost.

Putting armed security in every room/store/etc is financially impractical, and would simply identify the killer's first target upon pulling the trigger.

Getting rid of all privately ownedguns is not practical, and does not work. In fact, it increases crime. Just ask Great Britain and Australia.

The only real solution is armed good guys who are ready to take down a bad guy as soon as he makes his intentions clear.

God Bless all who have been affected by killers who could not be stopped because of laws that prevent good guys from defending themselves and each other.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

thanks bulzeye. i have been trying to help get this passed for quite sometime. there are only a handfull of states where cc is not leagal and if you look on the the crime rate most are lower than ares.. go figure!!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

go figure!!
indeed
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Very true Gun control disarms victoms, not criminals. Have any of you guys seen those signs on the interstate down on 57 I saw one that said ( dialed 911 but I"m on hold wish I had that gun I sold ) so true, you can have my gun.... if you pry it from my cold dead hand!!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

i love reading those signs. i have seen them on I55 as well.
ORIGINAL: yodeldog3

Very true Gun control disarms victoms, not criminals. Have any of you guys seen those signs on the interstate down on 57 I saw one that said ( dialed 911 but I"m on hold wish I had that gun I sold ) so true, you can have my gun.... if you pry it from my cold dead hand!!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 AM

I thought there was NO crime in Chicago...

Quick Reply: shots fired at Northern Illinois University

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.