Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Goose Hunting in IL >

Goose Hunting in IL

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Goose Hunting in IL

Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Goose Hunting in IL

How has the snow goose hunting gone for anyone else? I am in So. IL, Kinmundy to be exact and it has SUCKED! We had a lot around early but now they have moved out somewhere with all the crazy weather. Anyone know where the snow geese are??????
Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Goose Hunting in IL

i canada hunt in monroe county, probably will be deer hunting there too next year
welcome to the forums
Old 02-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Meredosia, IL on the IL River. Our goose hunting was very poor this year. Saw a lot of birds, but they were either groups of 100+ or had no interest. Saw a few snows last week, but not very many. I'm thinking they are still south but who knows with this weather we've been having. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

clinton county maybe?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

The geese are back now. We had a lot this past week, now if I only knew how to kill them.....lol. Anyone else have success? We did manage to harvest a few this weekend.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Spike

Hey All,

Me and a buddy hunted at Burn's hunting club down by the refuge at Carbondale Il. a couple of weeks ago. Man I had the time of my life. I had never been on a guided goose hunt before and it was a blast! If you guys ever get down there ask for a guide named Mike. He was great and worked his butt off allmorning calling for us and this guy could call! We both got our limit and had a great time. Snows were flying all morning but high in the sky and in great numbers.The price was like $100 bucks per hunter so it really wasn't that expensive.I thought it was worth the experience.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

The snow guys on SILO have been whacking em and posting pics lately...

(See sig)
Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Richland County pretty much has a year around population of Canadian Geese, but i dont recall ever seeing snow geese in the area, unless they were flying really high.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

Snows everywhere this weekend along with Canada-anadas! They still are everywhere, but I am back to college so got to wait till next weekend and hope! I smoked out some snow goose breast this weekend on the smoker, amazing! I wrapped some with bacon and some without! There was a difference but they both tasted so good. No spices, just a little meat tenderizer! I'm hooked now!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Did pretty good in north east part of Ill. 10 miles west of Elgin, big #s, but it just sucks. You spend a half hour setting up, and sometimes done hunting in 15 min. Illinois and their 2 goose per day is stupid. You can shoot 4 mallards, but only 2 geese, well canadians anyway. In the northeast we have the early canada season, but thats pretty tough to put birds on the ground, becouse no beans or corn down yet.