HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Goose Hunting in IL (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/230741-goose-hunting-il.html)

mulvany 02-04-2008 03:44 PM

Goose Hunting in IL

How has the snow goose hunting gone for anyone else? I am in So. IL, Kinmundy to be exact and it has SUCKED! We had a lot around early but now they have moved out somewhere with all the crazy weather. Anyone know where the snow geese are??????

Rory/MO 02-04-2008 06:01 PM

RE: Goose Hunting in IL

i canada hunt in monroe county, probably will be deer hunting there too next year
welcome to the forums

JohnnyLonghorns 02-05-2008 07:36 AM

I hunt in Meredosia, IL on the IL River. Our goose hunting was very poor this year. Saw a lot of birds, but they were either groups of 100+ or had no interest. Saw a few snows last week, but not very many. I'm thinking they are still south but who knows with this weather we've been having. Good luck!

125py 02-06-2008 03:04 PM

clinton county maybe?

mulvany 02-11-2008 02:13 PM

The geese are back now. We had a lot this past week, now if I only knew how to kill them.....lol. Anyone else have success? We did manage to harvest a few this weekend.

79 bronco 02-12-2008 07:24 PM

Hey All,

Me and a buddy hunted at Burn's hunting club down by the refuge at Carbondale Il. a couple of weeks ago. Man I had the time of my life. I had never been on a guided goose hunt before and it was a blast! If you guys ever get down there ask for a guide named Mike. He was great and worked his butt off allmorning calling for us and this guy could call! We both got our limit and had a great time. Snows were flying all morning but high in the sky and in great numbers.The price was like $100 bucks per hunter so it really wasn't that expensive.I thought it was worth the experience.

DUMB BASS 02-13-2008 03:51 AM

The snow guys on SILO have been whacking em and posting pics lately...

(See sig)

Lanse couche couche 02-13-2008 11:18 AM

Richland County pretty much has a year around population of Canadian Geese, but i dont recall ever seeing snow geese in the area, unless they were flying really high.

mulvany 02-17-2008 10:14 PM

Snows everywhere this weekend along with Canada-anadas! They still are everywhere, but I am back to college so got to wait till next weekend and hope! I smoked out some snow goose breast this weekend on the smoker, amazing! I wrapped some with bacon and some without! There was a difference but they both tasted so good. No spices, just a little meat tenderizer! I'm hooked now!

yodeldog3 02-19-2008 08:00 PM

Did pretty good in north east part of Ill. 10 miles west of Elgin, big #s, but it just sucks. You spend a half hour setting up, and sometimes done hunting in 15 min. Illinois and their 2 goose per day is stupid. You can shoot 4 mallards, but only 2 geese, well canadians anyway. In the northeast we have the early canada season, but thats pretty tough to put birds on the ground, becouse no beans or corn down yet.