HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   indiana muzzleloader hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/223089-indiana-muzzleloader-hunting.html)

bigtim6656 12-17-2007 05:49 PM

indiana muzzleloader hunting

ok from what i read in the dnr book youcan use a muzzleloader in modern firearms season with a muzzleloader liecence

is that true if so would you buy a slug gun or a muzzleloader

Roger46982 12-18-2007 05:22 AM

RE: indiana muzzleloader hunting

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

ok from what i read in the dnr book youcan use a muzzleloader in modern firearms season with a muzzleloader liecence

To hunt with a muzzleloader in the Firearms season you need a firearm license and then in Muzzleloader season you will have to buy the muzzleloader license.

bigtim6656 12-18-2007 07:32 AM

i have no proplem with that

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

To hunt with a muzzleloader in the Firearms season you need a firearm license and then in Muzzleloader season you will have to buy the muzzleloader license.

Roger46982 12-18-2007 04:31 PM

Sorry, misread your post. If I were limited to one weapon it would be a Muzzleloader which is legal in both seasons. Of course that is all i hunt with anyway, put up the slug gun many moons ago.

bigtim6656 12-18-2007 05:08 PM

i am not limited but for this coming year a things are now i will only be able to afford one gun either a slug gun or muzzleloader the only thing i have against the ml i it will take a little more money to start out i have always stayed away from them for the cost but from what i have heard they do not cost any more to shoot the slug sabot

Pat Curtis 12-18-2007 06:08 PM

I use my Knight during Firearm Season..if I don't use my bow. Not a big fan of gun hunting.

Roger46982 12-19-2007 12:57 AM

Same here Pat

monster10rackstack 12-21-2007 08:14 AM

round for round a muzzle loader is cheaper if you are not using foster slugs

Parrot Head 12-21-2007 08:36 AM

You might look at Pawn shops too. I have bought several very nice guns from pawn shops at a good price.

meat_eater 01-06-2008 06:37 PM

more and more of my friends hunt wiht a muzzle loader as they can get a further shot that with there shotgun. I my self can shot futher with my shotgun.