Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IDNR Snakes/Cats ? >

IDNR Snakes/Cats ?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IDNR Snakes/Cats ?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:58 PM

Default RE: IDNR Snakes/Cats ?

I've been within 3 ft. of 3 different rattlers in the last 3 years, so yeah they're here, though I don't think dnr denies their existence. as far as cougars, yeah they're here to. 2 out of 3 people around here have seen one.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: So.IL_Slinger

I've been within 3 ft. of 3 different rattlers in the last 3 years, so yeah they're here, though I don't think dnr denies their existence. as far as cougars, yeah they're here to. 2 out of 3 people around here have seen one.

Oh I've seen the rattlesnakes too, It's the story of them dropping them out of the plane that I doubt......
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 AM

I live in Douglas county and my Dad swears up and down he saw a "very large cat, bigger than a german shepard" I have never had a reason to doubt 'ol Dad in all of my 33 years, but I dunno....
However, I have seen a bunch of bobcats further south, they are fun to watch.
I hunt about 1 mile from Dad's cat sighting, so for my own sanity I'm gonna CHOOSE to dismiss this one.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

GPSandfords,I hunt Franklin county near Ewing,Whitington and Maccedonia,that is where the couugars have been seen.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Will rattlers no not eat eggs ,only warm blooded animals. 2nd. when it snows get out there and film those cougar tracks and post them.

[/align]
Old 12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a cougar, (or at least a cat TWICE the size of a bobcat) up in northern-Illinois. I live in the N.E. corner of LaSalle county and I saw it while I was driving home late one night. It was about 100 yards ahead of me and crossed the road left to right. It was just barely inside the headlight-beams, but there was no doubt what it was.

I have a good friend who's a pretty experienced outdoorsman who saw a timber rattler crawl under his shed in northern Illinois. He lived in Tinley Park at the time. I doubt the DNR dropped them in the middle of town....
I think if an animal can walk, and it doesn't get shot or hit by a car/truck/train, it could end up anywhere.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:26 PM

Yeah, cougars are known for driving home late at night.....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: drstalker

Iusually bow hunt the day before slug season opens up.Anyhow while bowhunting earlythat morning I did indeed see a cub or kit from the female cougar near my stand which I thought was really neat.
So you saw a baby cougar in mid- November???

We get all kinds of reports on SILO as well... Plenty of rattlers; true, but it wasn't from Snakes on a Plane...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM

I heard the rattle snake BS from a cousin. He claims they were released in Brown County Indiana to control turkey? Let's start a new one........how about the deer eating python that escaped from the circus!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Since cougars are well documented in Iowa, and in Missouri (I think) as well, it shouldn't be any surprise that they are popping up in Illinois. As for the snakes, have there been any sightings of Samuel L. Jackson in that same area. Maybe they are filming Snakes on a Plane II.

Quick Reply: IDNR Snakes/Cats ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.