HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Ohio Gun Season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/218623-ohio-gun-season.html)

Doughboy2 11-20-2007 08:45 AM

Ohio Gun Season

How many of you will be out to gun hunt this year?? I will be out as much as possible (that darn job!!![8D][8D]). Here is wishing every Buckeye hunter major success!!! If someone scores, please post the pic. Let's see just how successful we can be!! Good Luck!!

Champlain Islander 11-20-2007 10:03 AM

RE: Ohio Gun Season

I'll be in Pike Cty. Good luck and be safe to all.

Andrew14 11-20-2007 10:04 AM

Ill be out and about through the week if i get anything i will post pics.Andrew14

Doughboy2 11-20-2007 10:06 AM

I will be in both Clermont and Hamilton Counties throughout the week. I have a feeling it will be a good week!

linkppn 11-20-2007 01:46 PM

I'll be in muskingum.

SHED HUNTER 365 11-20-2007 09:00 PM

I will be hunting my farm in Harrison County. I have the week off and really looking forward to it.

Siman08/OH 11-20-2007 10:19 PM

I be pushing in Medina county because i already filled my tags;)

mcdbrog 11-21-2007 06:00 PM

I will be in Guernsey county this year, normally hunt Hocking but we are trying somewhere new this year.

2robinhood 11-23-2007 05:46 AM

I'll be in Morgan, alot dead from EHD.

OH moster buck 11-23-2007 05:51 AM

I'll be in shelby co.

splitter420 11-23-2007 07:40 AM

I'll be in my hometown of Adams Co all week. And were supposed to do some pushing in Brown co some time and I might take a trip to my buddy's in Scioto too.

WILKESFASTJAY 11-23-2007 08:08 AM

Columbiana county have the whole week off work cant wait!!!

PSE Hunter for Life 11-23-2007 01:24 PM

Ashtabula and Lake county here

dbeals05 11-24-2007 01:51 PM

Belmont county here

mahoningbuck 11-25-2007 05:20 PM

Columbiana county monday and Delaware County Saturday/Sunday!

lowtempguru 11-25-2007 07:36 PM

Knox county all week

buck_hunter_87 11-25-2007 08:28 PM

i'll be in henry county so far i know there is a 10 and 12 point down so far i'm hoping for one too

Doughboy2 11-26-2007 05:05 PM

It was AWFUL here in SW Ohio today....nothing but rain all day. I will be out tomorrow night after work........

Hotburn76 11-26-2007 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Doughboy2

It was AWFUL here in SW Ohio today....nothing but rain all day. I will be out tomorrow night after work........
Most of the time I dislike my Ground blind during archery season, but days like today I love it! Only seen one set of hunters all day and I bet I drove eighty miles by the time I went to hunting spot and then to processor. Today was Ohio's gun opener and I took dad out for a hunt. I have been trying to get dad set up for a deer this year pretty hard, been doing lots of CB hunting. Well it started to rain last night and was raining pretty good this morning but we had our elevated blind set up and was nice and cozy! Sunrise was 7:30 and at 7:50 a nice four point came out at 75 yards. He stood broad side and dad took the shot. Hit high shoulder lower neck and the deer fell in its tracks! Dad was on cloud nine and I was too!! Here is him and his first buck!!

excalibur43 11-26-2007 05:41 PM

Licking County here. It was terrible weather up here too. Dang rain. I hear it's supposed to get colder and more clear tomorrow.

4patches 11-26-2007 06:58 PM

yea its wet, but its awful easy to still hunt in these conditions. ( you dont have to be elmer fud to be vewy vewy quiet [8D])

monster10rackstack 11-26-2007 08:08 PM

Im from Indiana but a friend asked me.....whats the rule if you shoot a doe on your property and she runs onto the neighbors property.....then he will not let you on to get the deer and just lets it rot....We just have to call our local CO and he goes with us to get the deer....is that how it is there?

Hotburn76 11-26-2007 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: monster10rackstack
.....whats the rule if you shoot a doe on your property and she runs onto the neighbors property.....then he will not let you on to get the deer and just lets it rot....We just have to call our local CO and he goes with us to get the deer....is that how it is there?
In Ohio they respect the land owners rights over the hunters or anyones for that matter.The state feels it is not your deer until you puta tag on it. You can not do that unless you have written permission to be on someones property. If you shoot a deer and they tell you that you can not retrieve it you are out of luck. Most of the time if you just call the DNR they will come out and tell the land owner that they will go with the hunter and you can get your deer, but they do have the right to say no, it is there property not the hunters. Alot of guys think that they have the right to get a down deer, but they do not. I was part of a controlled hunttwo years in a rowa few years back on a boy scout camp. A landowner had a woods next to it and we where given strict instruction to stay off the property and not trespass. The landowner sat out and watched his woods, he was a big tree hugger. DNR said if a deer ran on his property to kiss it good bye, if we where caught on the guys land we would be fined. The DNR was not happy with the guy, but landowners have rights. DNR did say though that the guy better not need any favors cause he would not get them in the future. It is a stupid thing, but I would be upset if come hunting season I had no control overwho came onto my property.

monster10rackstack 11-26-2007 09:44 PM

Thanks....Here the landowner has to claim the deer or give it back to the hunter. They can be fined if the just leave a deer rot

Siman08/OH 11-27-2007 01:22 PM

Worst opening day ever in Medina county

SHED HUNTER 365 12-01-2007 06:29 AM

I hunted all week on my lease, was hunting for a mature buck saw (1) opening morning 7:00am about a 150 yards out. Between the fog and rain I did not take a shot w/ my Encore, did not think under the conditions it was ethical. I did get trail cam pics throughout the week, but all at night of nice bucks. I'm a little bit flustered with my clover plots next to 60 acres of soy bean. Never really panned out this year. Weather was horrible all week, high winds, rain and sleet. But I stuck with it. Hoping after the beans come off they hit the food plots.

Doughboy2 12-01-2007 08:17 AM

I am with ya Shed. Between work and the weather it has really been a bad week. I did see 11 does last night. Did not go out this morning...my boys had indoor soccer games. I probably will not get out until the 15th and 16th. Good luck everyone. BTW Shed.....how did you go about securing your lease? I have lost 2 properties this year, and was curious about leasing. Thanks. You can send me a pm if you wish. Thanks.

SHED HUNTER 365 12-01-2007 11:19 AM

I went thru BaseCamp Leasing.

Doughboy2 12-03-2007 07:59 AM

Thanks. I joined their site over the weekend. Do they contact you when something comes available? Thanks for your input.

2robinhood 12-03-2007 08:12 PM

The deer population in Morgan County was about half of last year. Found alot dead from EHD.
I did get a nice eight on Wednesday.

Doughboy2 12-04-2007 08:00 AM

Nice buck. I am hoping for the same luck come the 15th and 16th!!