Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics) >

Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics)

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics)

Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics)

On Wednesday (the 14th) I was on a site trip for work. I was passing through Lodi about 6:30 am (anybody from around that area?) and looked off to my left toward a athletic field complex on the east side of town. I saw a big buck there, jumping against the 5 foot chain link fence. He was really wore out as he could not clear it. I turned around and parked by the fields, seeing that there was only one entrance open by the school. He did not want to go there as it was pretty busy.

About this time another guy pulled up. Together we decided that we could probably shoo him over to the entrance. We stayed together and moved slow, keeping our distance. He was scared, not mad, but we knew how dangerous he still could be in the about 5 acre fenced area. He went wild when he saw us, but long story short we got him out as we were just about to give up and call the cops to put him down. I have to say we both cheered, it felt better to get him out than anything at all!!! Its weird how that works, he would have been a awesome trophy if he had been in the woods and I had a bow....

He was scraped up some but overall fine...and he is still out there! A massive droptine 11 or 12 pointer (I think the droptine forks)

Sorry for the lousy pics. I was using a camera I had no experiance withand it was pretty dark..also, had more pressing matters)

This was when he was about 10 feet away (there was a fence between us, but still a little unnerving!) He got his antlers caught in the fence, we were trying to make him back out.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics)

Crazy... very nice buck. Good deed for the day!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Something that doesnt happen every day!!! (Big Buck Pics)

which Lodi are you talking about?