Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys.... >

Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys....

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys....

Old 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys....

It's October 22nd....Anyone seeing ANY sign of bucks trailing, chasing, harassing does? Any serious fighting between bucks (sparing doesn'tcount). I personally have not seen any of this in East Central or South Central Illinois, but I didsee a small buck at 150-200 yards away and used my Buck Growl to bring him in to within 30 yards, I did not shoot him, to small. Anyways, let's us midwest guys know what you've been seeing. Good Luck!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys....

No nothing happening in northern Ill. We were out today and the wind had them bedded down (probably in the corn that is still up). Anyway my buddy did a little scouting before weleft and kicked up 3 nice bucks that were bedded down together on the no wind side of a small draw. We have seen a couple of scrapes and some alot of rubs. Still no chasing or sparringor fighting though. Hopefully the cooler weather will get them active...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

I saw my first activity this morning with an about 100 inch 8 pointer chaising two does. They were not very inviting though.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just back from southern Illinois and the scraping has really picked up!! I watched a 150 inch bumping does but they wanted nothing to do with him!! Walt
Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Friday afternoon and had 3 does come through. Noticed they were acting nervous so I let them walk an dhere came a 5 point and 2 1/2 yr. old 8 point trying to bump them along the trail. Shortly behind them was a 150 inch 10 pointer that I nearly got a shot at until one of the does saw me move.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Went out Friday afternoon and had 3 does come through. Noticed they were acting nervous so I let them walk an dhere came a 5 point and 2 1/2 yr. old 8 point trying to bump them along the trail. Shortly behind them was a 150 inch 10 pointer that I nearly got a shot at until one of the does saw me move.
Man, those does can really "F" up a potential awesome thing. I get the "fever" more when does are around more so than the bucks....can't figure out why that is. Looks like the cooler weather is FINALLY here, but the rain is here with it.[:'(]
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

This weekend everything was pretty dead in NE Iowa. Too much corn still in I think, most of the deer stay in the fields. Rubbing and scraping is really picking up though. I am not so sure the rut is going to be early, locally. Last couple years has peaked about Nov. 1....I think it might be a little later this year, maybe the 4-5. Course that is a WAG.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Ihunted Iowa all weekend. Saw several short fights and even rattled in a little guy. Saw one nice 8 harrassing some does but they wanted nothing to do with him. They are working the scrapes and rubs pretty good though. I had 3 smaller bucks in a ground scrape at the same time; kinda neat to see.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

We found a real nice rub on a very large Cedar tree sunday,it has been raining on and off all week and on the way home I saw Bucks traveling with Does on 2 different days.It is getting colder here and pretty soon the action will be picking up!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM

N.E. Missouri report: Several active scraps, rattled in a 2 year old, mature bucks are moving late evening/early morning. Young bucks are the most active right now.
The Oak timber I hunt is generally filled with activity when they start chasing. We also need the remaining corn to be out. On my way out to the stand I saw 4 run into the only standing corn in the area.

The last 2 years I haven't hunted over a field during the chasing stages. I hunt the downwind cover or downwind from the food source your does are using. The mature bucks are gonna scent the fields before they enter.
Anticipation has got me jacked up.

Quick Reply: Illinois,Iowa,Indiana,MIZZOU guys....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.