Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL guys

Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: IL guys

Nice doe tuesday night,I slick trick-ed her.

EAZZY
Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Spike

Going out this weekend. The weather is finally good.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Going out friday and saturday, public land, hope to get my firs bow deer ever!
I work in Will Co. live in Cook.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

ORIGINAL: bowman15

Nice buck Zim. I hunt public land in Will Co. too. There's some nice deer to be found.
Ditto that brother, I too hunt Will Co. public...Might run into some of you guys there sometime.

I'll keep an extra cup of coffee in the van for ya!

I'll be out this weekend too guys. I wish everyone luck and hope everyone stays safe. AND POST PICS!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

I was out Saturday evening (Peoria cty) for the first time this season. Got a young doe at 6:15. 30 yard shot and she only went about 30-35 yards, Saw one other doe with her and that was it. By buddy only saw one doe which was probably the doe that was with mine since it ran off in his direction. I'm glad to see it has cooled off since then. It was 87 degrees when I shot her so we butchered her that night. I'll be out in Kane cty this weekend hunting a sleeper spot! Hopefully I'll get the big guy!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matchbook454

I was out Saturday evening (Peoria cty) for the first time this season. Got a young doe at 6:15. 30 yard shot and she only went about 30-35 yards, Saw one other doe with her and that was it. By buddy only saw one doe which was probably the doe that was with mine since it ran off in his direction. I'm glad to see it has cooled off since then. It was 87 degrees when I shot her so we butchered her that night. I'll be out in Kane cty this weekend hunting a sleeper spot! Hopefully I'll get the big guy!
Matchbook your a lucky guy,Iv'e lived here in kane for a long time now and can attest to us having some nice deer in the area.Good luck this weekend.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Macoupin Co,

I killed a nice mature doe on Wednesday 10/10/07 at 8:30 am. I was using my new silver flame broadheads and she was 20 yards exactly with a fawn without spots. It was 48 degrees when I went out and the cold had them moving. The fawn was playing around the doe and the doe was eating acorns. It was a very sweet scene as the fawn and the doe were licking each other. I figured this was a learning momement for the fawn as I shot the doe. I hit the off side elbow and did not get a pass thru. The doe ran out of sight, but I heard her moan 10 seconds later. She feel 7 steps away from my other set-up and it took me 30 minutes to find her as I did not have a blood trail, but I knew the shot was fatal as I saw the arrow sticking out and the sound of the arrow hitting bone. Did some grid searching and stumbled upon her. Nice size doe around the size of Hoyt82's doe...even in Macoupin Co.

Paul
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Spike

Nice Doe Hoyt82....

I almost had a chance the other night at a doe but she just wouldn't clear into my shooting lane.I had some nice doe tenderloins today over at my buddies house. He grilled them and they were awsome.

Congrats!

79 Bronco

Huntin' St. Clair in the land of Lincoln
Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 PM

140-150 class 11 pnt this week in morgan co. not mine but my area
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I put a tape on my buck tonight. Gross scored 137 4/8", but 12 2/8" in deductions (ouch) will knock him out of P&Y by less than an inch. Bout what I thought when I looked at him. I'll get him mounted anyway.

The G-4 without a match cost 7"+ alone. Ha!

Quick Reply: IL guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.