Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 INDIANA hunters >

INDIANA hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

INDIANA hunters

Old 11-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INDIANA hunters

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

I was suprised we hung with the Pats for so long. The gameplan was there, but the oline and dline faded in the end. The (un)Special Teams were just as pathetic as they've been for the past 2 years.

No Marv, Ugoh, Gonzo, Keiaho, and Hagler...and we only lost by 4. Gotta look on the bright side...

Nice doe, BTW.
I was surprised too Pat, but then with the way we played for 3 quarters, it is very frustrating to not finish it. Oh well, on to next week. My uncle said he hunted tonight and did not see a thing, so doesnt look like i missed much out there.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Weather looks nasty for a few days up here, then cold on the weekend. Sounds good to me!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Hunted all day Sat and Sunday. Bucks are still coming to the fields in groups of 2-4 together. I can tell the necks are swollen but they are just out eating with the does and other bucks.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Spike

yea i hunted a open wooded hillside with a creek at the bottom of the hill and a pumpkin field to my right on friday evening. no calls i jess dumped the rest of my doe p from last yea on wick so i could get new estrous scents, anywayz i had only sat down 10 minutes when i heard something down at the creek, i look over and a buck is wading through the creek!it was pretty cold too. he got out and followed a trail along the edge of the creek then he went into the brush and i heard him splash through the creek one more time then i had no more action the rest of the night. i was hoping he wood go out and eat some pumpkins so i could get my first buck ever.by the way im only 13 but i spens countless hours in the woods, im getting excited bout the rut! my mom said when she was coming home from work a wideracked buck was trailing a doe into the woods i hunt. that was last night, so after school i am definatly hunting today, good luck
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Mash a couple of those pumpkins and he just might, uncracked pumpkins are kind of tough for them to eat, though at this time of year I'm sure he has other priorities.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Spike

the pumpkin field is already disced, so there's pumpkin chunks everywhere
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Indiana/arrower,

Just curious but how big of a pumpkin patch do you grow. I grow one for a hobbie and let some women here at school bring there kids out to pick them.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Spike

Hey guys been out scouting the woods for firearms the last few days, we have about 70 acres just east of Angola managed for pheasant and deer. Finally saw the buck I want to take yesterday in an adjacent field. Nice tall rack either 8 or 10 points (he didnt give me enough time to glass him) He was still with at least 1 other smaller buck and maybe a second, couldnt tell if the 3rd deer was small buck or doe. Regardless, the fact that he was with the smaller buck still indicates the rut is not in yet. Will keep you posted on my success this year.

Scott
Old 11-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Seems in to me this weekend
Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 PM

I got to go down to ripley county with a buddy this past weekend on around 100 acres of wooded/field property that is only hunted by two other people. In 3 hours we saw 26 deer and a couple dozen turkey. They all to me seemed as if the rut has started. On the more sickening side, I shot a good sized 6 pointer but found no blood and no arrow. Searched for 4 hours and all of a sudden we see the fella dart accross a field [:'(]. Made me sick that I injured him but he seemed to be just fine. Hopefully I will get him this weekend when we go back.

Quick Reply: INDIANA hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.