Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 INDIANA hunters >

INDIANA hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

INDIANA hunters

Old 10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INDIANA hunters

ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

How many guys were signed in at Splinters. I use to hunt that place all the time. I still do sometimes just for a different look. I know a couple of guys that found several dead ones in there before the season.
I have heard stories as well but haven't seen any dead deer yet. Where else do you hunt? Been to seymour much or just the other public land in southern indiana? (can't remember it's name)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

I own a little over 200 acres on 2 different farms outside Seymour and one in Jennings Co. I hunt them during the week. On the weekend I hunt Jefferson/Switzerland/Dearborn Counties. Once the Refuge opens to everyone I hunt there everyday.

Is it the Hoosier Forest.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

I know you hunt Splinters a lot. There is a prime piece of hunting land for sale down there. 91 acres 2500 per acre. The number 9 buck in the state was killed out of there and 4 bucks over 150 each. I went and looked at it but it doesnt have a building site. Let me know I can get you the owners number I talked with him before season.

I was picking up a couple of does I shot from the processor and I ran into Landin Turner who played at IU and is in the wheel chair. He is a big time hunter and bought 2-300 acres over by Cannan.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Its been a tough one lately. Seems like Im in the wrong stand everytime.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Its been a tough one lately. Seems like Im in the wrong stand everytime.
Do you hunt public land as well?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 PM

went hunting last week thought i'd seek in early 5:30am but they were on the run already to bad. still climed my tree maybe just maybe i'd be able to shoot a deer by day break.NOT this morning. well maybe next weekend i'll let you know how it go's w/pics i hope the place im hunting is in henryville So.IN good luck to all.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday morning and had a decent 8 point chasing 3 does hard. They all had their mouths open and were breathing hard as if they had been run around for awhile. I watched that buck chase and trail them for some time, even had him at about 25 yards, but he needs another couple years to grow. The next 2 weeks are my favorite time to be in my stand.

[/align]
Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been a crappy weekend so far. Started off on friday afternoon, me and the wife had to put our family dog to sleep. Totally unexpected, he was only 5 years old. Thought i would get out on Saturday and try to get my mind off that, woke up to howling winds and pouring rain saturday morning so i said forget it. Finally got out yesterday afternoon and had the neighboring landowner and his grandson decide they wanted to come stroll the property line and hunt squirrels around 6pm. So i got to listen to the sound of a 4-10 go off every 10 minutes and listen to them BS back and forth at the top of their lungs.

Got up and went out this morning. Absolutely perfect weather conditions. Seen 2 bucks, still together, try a little sparring around 9 am. Both were dinks and it was funny watching them try to fight. All the sudden, they take off, snorting, the whole bit. WTF? I turn around and it's the same 2 visitors from yesterday evening, 4-10 in hand, scaring deer everywhere. Decided i had enough of that crap for this weekend, got down and left, going to watch the Colts this afternoon and take it easy this evening. Hopefully next weekend is a little better, it should be.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Well i've been at work since Saturday morning and get off Tuesday(72 hrs)cant wait, Going to sight my ML And Shotgun in Tuesday, and hunt all day wed. Hope for some cooler weather, maybe a hard frost? Iam hunting public land and find it better through the week, Found some real hot scraps last wed, and they are tearing up the section of the woods, Have seen a couple decent buck latley and one 8 iam holding out for, he's a PIG. Should be prime time to be in the woods in the next coupl of days? Take your lunch and sit as long as you can.....
Old 10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i decided to give it a go tonight afterall at my other property with my uncle. That spot never dissapoints me, i had deer everywhere around dark, mostly does. Seen 2 bucks, a 4 pointer and another bigger buck but not sure on points. The bigger one busted out of a thicket and chased the 4 pointer off, the 4 point was on the tail of a doe. It's about that time. Suppose to be at least 2 nice 10 pointers out there this year. My uncle seen one of em last evening, his buddy had one at 50 yards Thursday night.

Quick Reply: INDIANA hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.