HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Who in Minnesota is going out saturday? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/206583-who-minnesota-going-out-saturday.html)

RackLuster 09-11-2007 09:25 PM

Who in Minnesota is going out saturday?

Hey everyone, I'm hunting about 7 miles southeast of isle on saturday. I can't wait to get out there. There's a lot of does around my woods and 4-5 small bucks but no shooters. Hopefully, I'll fill a doe tag this weekend.

Where are you all hunting this weekend?

parker34 09-12-2007 08:10 AM

RE: Who in Minnesota is going out Saturday?

Yes sir I will be. We are in Pine county East of Sandstone. I'll be hunting a few diff areas on some public land that not too many people frequent over the summer, so hopefully the woods will be full of deer.It'd be nice to fill a doe tag. Other than that we will put a couple stands up on our land and let them sit for the rut..
Good luck to you!!
Let us know how it goes.

WakeCow 09-12-2007 10:32 AM

I'll be out north of alexandria. Not too worried about shooting anything I'll just be happy to be in the tree. Wouldn't mind seeing a big guy going for lunch.

Xtec Shooter 09-12-2007 08:29 PM

RE: Who in Minnesota is going out saturday?

I'll certainly be out! About 30 min south of the Lakeville area.

Good luck fellas!

parker34 09-13-2007 11:38 AM

Right on WakeCow. Can't wait to shake this city stuff off and get back to someof mothernatures finest!
Is this all the MN faithful we have?

huntfishwrestle 09-13-2007 11:47 AM

I'll be out! Smells like fall here in the northwoods. (New York Mills area)

crabclaw 09-13-2007 01:17 PM

I have to work this weekend , but I'll be out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Good luckto everyone that gets out this weekend.

mnsqueeze 09-13-2007 06:32 PM

this will be my 28th opener., i have not missed one yet .,i cant wait to get out in the woods:Di will be hunting in the clay county area., good luck to you all and be safe!!

huntfishwrestle 09-14-2007 12:34 PM

How has the acorn crop been around the state? In New York Mills/Perham/Wadena area it has been bad- hard to find any in the woods.
In Thief River Falls area it has been normal.

RackLuster 09-16-2007 08:14 PM

I haven't seen a ton of acorns but I can here them falling pretty regularly. Dang squirrels run for them as soon as they land.

Between my buddy and I (anda guy bear hunting on my land) we saw 18 deer. Might have been more but I think we were seeing the same deer over and over. I had a doe broadside at 20 yards but she busted me. My buddy passed on a spike and a 3 point. I just bought this land in November so I'm still strying to figure out where the deer go. I didn't see anything saturday evening or this morning.

I also saw the bear my buddy wounded two weeks ago. He was limping, but getting along pretty well. Glad to see he's still alive. It was weird seeing a bear out in the woods. First time I've ever seen one away from a bait pile.

Anyone get anything?