Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ripped off in Kansas >

Ripped off in Kansas

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ripped off in Kansas

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: bowhunter4life

Yes we do ,we have 4 hunts left, are u interested.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ripped off in Kansas

jbright, What a coincedence, I was really considering booking a hunt with flinthills and just by chance happened over this topic, looks like they won't be getting my business!!!!! Thanks for the warning!! Just have to look somewhere else!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 AM

Sorry to hearof your badluck. We also have hunts in NorthEast KS and 4 tags yet available (Guaranteed). We do not take anymore then 16 hunters / season but we only have 4500 private acres to hunt. (Bow Only)

Have great photos to share from this and last year, if interested.

Joe
HighView Farms
Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 PM

if you have anything left shoot me a note @ [email protected]

thanks,

donnie
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

A good friend had two cancellations for the second week up in Cloud and Republic counties. Four day hunt and they have a couple of transferable tags as well. PM me,and I'll put you in touch.............
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jbright

I put in for a Kansas bowhunt tag this year. I had to pay an outfitter a $500.00 deposit to hold a spot for me. I did not draw my tag. I notified the outfitter and was told I would not get my deposit back. Is this a normal practice for outfitters?[:@]
I can't believe that he would do that but I guess there are all kinds. Did he say anything about landowner tags that can be transferred? That is allowed in KS. If not I would check with Kansas game officials who regulate outfitters.

One last thing I would do is I would get on every hunting blogs andforums could find and let it be know what that outfitter is like and his operation practices are like. What was their name again? I want to be sure I write down so I don't forget it
Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

damned luck man, damned flatlanders
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Hey guys,
I am Galen Kleymann,
Jerry Bright posted this complaint on me. He is the only deposit I have kept in 9 years.
He does not tell the whole story. In Kansas if you don't draw, you can (at least this yr)
purchase a landowner transferable tag. Landowners get half the tags issued.
When Jerry did not draw, I told him to wait and I would see what I could get a tag for.
I ended up offering him one for the $300. refund he got from the state. NO ADDITIONAL FEES at all. The same cost as if he had drawn. He still wanted to cancell. His words were, We allready made other plans. Short for we don't want to spend the additional $1500. for the hunt. So I informed him that his deposit was forfeit.

Isn't that the reason for deposits, so guys will follow through with plans they have made with your business?? I would hope all you guys that jumped on the chance to put down an outfitter ect. will try to get the full story in the future. I did not rip this guy off. I have yet to fill the hunt he cancelled. If he wanted to come, he could have for the original fees, with a landowner tag. He made the decision!!! Cut me some slack!!! This is the only deposit I have kept ever. I do roll them over a year for guys all the time if they have personnal issues. I am not a bad outfitter!! I hear the stories about them all the time.I now wonder how many were actually true.
"Good Hunting"
Galen
Old 09-22-2007, 02:31 PM

actually the same thing happened to me in ky
Old 09-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes its kind of interesting to get both sides of the story before judgement is made.

Quick Reply: Ripped off in Kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.