Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 anyone from Iowa here? >

anyone from Iowa here?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

anyone from Iowa here?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default anyone from Iowa here?

hey, are there any Iowa hunters out there other than me? I see lots of Illinoisguys around here, Iowa has big deer too ya know.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone from Iowa here?

ORIGINAL: bassman417

hey, are there any Iowa hunters out there other than me? I see lots of Illinoisguys around here, Iowa has big deer too ya know.
No we don't......, All the big deer migrated into the surronding states

I'm from Iowa bassman.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Im startin to believe your theory on the deer migrating. I should have said we used to have big deer. Ive seen only 2 shooter bucks this whole year and Im about 80% sure theyre within city limits, so I dont think Ill be able to hunt them. As far as the properties I will be hunting lots of does and fawns and I saw 1 basket 8pt.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 PM

It's because they run to other states so they can live longer.....[:'(]
Old 08-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from Iowa, and there are no big deer here that give you a chance to shoot them, atleast not around here. Who else can't wait for October 1st and 31st to get here? I got a new bow last year, never got the chance to put a deer down with it, so I'm gettin antsy. I also got a new black lab pup this year, never had my own dog, so I am excited to get out and see how he does on the ole ringnecks!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

im ready, i got my new bow last fall. shot a small buck early season and regretted it. the rest of the season was full of alot bigger bucks. this year i will be patient and picky. my 14yr old sister was patient and shot a 140 class. it was kinda embarassing cuz i hunted hard and she just went after chearleading practace if there was enough time and no boys to call.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Born & raised in N.W. Ill. & moved to N.E. Iowa 10 years ago, just over the Miss. River & 1/2 hour from my home town in Ill. Big Deer-they all look the same on either side of the river. I haven't tagged a Buck in 3 years but have passed on some many would be happy with. This starts my 51st year of Bowhunting so maybe I "will" tag a good one this year. I see em, just can't get the biguns close enough. I'm still learning.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm from Iowa. October 1st can't come soon enough!! Not to mention that the day after is my birthday!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

No big deer where Im from. Anything with a horn coming out of its head gets shot by the local yahoos[:@][:'(].
Old 08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Spike

Yep i'm from IA, saw 7 B&C bucks last year but decided does taste better so I let them walk.

How many damn days can there be in the month of aug.

Quick Reply: anyone from Iowa here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.