Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any Southeast missouri boys around? >

Any Southeast missouri boys around?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Southeast missouri boys around?

Old 08-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Southeast missouri boys around?

Tripper....yeah the heat has been awful around here.....way too hot and humid to be doing very much outside.I've been waiting and hoping for this Cool Front they keep talking about coming in by this tuesday.

Coyote170....are you talking about Greenville off Hwy 67 south?I've been thinking about Camping out at Old Greenville Camp Grounds later this year and doing some hog hunting or deer hunting on the Public land in that area.

Bowhunter4life....I bought my new Bow (Jennings Rakmaster) from Blevins also.....I have done a little practicing in their in-door range and some practicing out on the back side of Community Lake where they have a nice out-door range you can shoot on flat ground at some targets or they have an elevated stand you can shoot off and out at 3 or 4 targets in the woods.(and it's free)!

Maybe we can get together and do some in-door shooting one evening after work?
You probably know me if I was driving one of my old Pontiacs around...! Shhhhhhh

Oh yeah....I'm out in the country and hunt the Silver Lake and Cedar Fork area's,lots of thick woods,CRP fields and food plots.I have 2 nice 8-Point Bucks mounted on my wall,one from 1995 and another from last fall of 2006.Wish I could get a picture posted on here but I keep having trouble with this silly computer! [:@]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM

GTO, we might do that sometime if i get some free time. I have rode around out there around ceder fork and silver lake and out where N road turns to gravel. I know where a couple of dandies are hangin out, im talkin 3 140-160s and one awesome 170-175. Theres some good ones out there.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

I live in S.E. Mo I live 15 miles south of poplar bluff aat a place called Naylor. Its just a little watering hole, I hunt at west plains and not far from doniphan. I hunting is awsome on public land or private. Myself I like the challenge of public hunting. Have lots of nice bucks and shag nasty gobblers.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Bowhunter4life.....maybe we can get together and shoot for a while at Blevins before it gets too crowded and there's plenty of room! The cool weather never did make it here but now they are calling for rain this saturday and sunday hopefully? I hate to pack my Bow in a hot Truck all day so hopefully it will cool down soon?

I have a few friends that make a big circle/loop back by Brewer,Cedar Fork,Minith areas and they have spotted several nice Bucks in the same spots your talking about.

Turkey Harvester,I have been down by DoniphanMo. last summer when Fourche Creek (spelling?) had their Blue Grass Festival and it looked like a good place to Hunt!One of the young guys at Fourche Creek did some filming for "Getting Close" I believe?There is an Outfitter that advertises in one of the Deer Hunting magazines that is located in Poplar Bluff....I'll look it up and see if you have heard of them and if they are any good!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 PM

ya if we get some cool weather maybe drop me a line and we will try and go do some shooting.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard of them I believe Its Beaver Creek ranch it is owned by Joe Humphery. I have seen some hunts on tv and it looked like a nice place. We do have some excellent hunting here. The fishing in fouche creek is awsome also. The smallmouth fishing is great and not alot of people even know that its that good. Have a good ane and good luck this season.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:26 PM

I taught school in Perryville for 21 yrs. The only good hunting is on private ground.The best county is Iron, monster bucks evry where.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt about 15 miles west of Advance,MO.down towards Wappello off
of P highway!
ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

Tripper....yeah the heat has been awful around here.....way too hot and humid to be doing very much outside.I've been waiting and hoping for this Cool Front they keep talking about coming in by this tuesday.

Coyote170....are you talking about Greenville off Hwy 67 south?I've been thinking about Camping out at Old Greenville Camp Grounds later this year and doing some hog hunting or deer hunting on the Public land in that area.

Bowhunter4life....I bought my new Bow (Jennings Rakmaster) from Blevins also.....I have done a little practicing in their in-door range and some practicing out on the back side of Community Lake where they have a nice out-door range you can shoot on flat ground at some targets or they have an elevated stand you can shoot off and out at 3 or 4 targets in the woods.(and it's free)!

Maybe we can get together and do some in-door shooting one evening after work?
You probably know me if I was driving one of my old Pontiacs around...! Shhhhhhh

Oh yeah....I'm out in the country and hunt the Silver Lake and Cedar Fork area's,lots of thick woods,CRP fields and food plots.I have 2 nice 8-Point Bucks mounted on my wall,one from 1995 and another from last fall of 2006.Wish I could get a picture posted on here but I keep having trouble with this silly computer! [:@]
Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I was raised in Greenville, and now reside in poplar bluff. I hunt on private land and public as well. I believe that Beaver Creek Ranch you all are talking about is an enclosed area. there's always some pictures and videos floating around town with huge bucks they raise there. I was visiting with a fellow just this morning who was talking about a breeder buck those fellas have there that they "guesstimate" would score 185 + as a 2.5 year old.

GH