Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Public hunting property in Ill. >

Public hunting property in Ill.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Public hunting property in Ill.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Public hunting property in Ill.

Anyone know of any public hunting property within a 100 miles or so of Belleville?

Thanks,

Spudrow from Mo.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Public hunting property in Ill.

Geez fellows, I'm not asking for your top secret spots, just the name of some public hunting ground. Like state forests, state parks, etc.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry man you're about 4hrs from me, check the illinois DNR web page they have illinois broken down into regions with the parks listed.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, man I go down to lake kincaid and near Murphysboro, Il contact me if you want to go with someone I'm always looking for someone to go with. Over 15,000 acres between state and federal land. I was raised there and know somewhat. I like the challenge of big woods.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM

there is some huntable acerage around cofeen and carlyle lake. dont know much about the hunting at carlyle but i grew up hunting on the north end of cofeen lake but my grandparents farm was sold shortly after they opened up all that ground to hunting. but could still probably put you on some deer up there if you are willing to walk a little ways.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I used to fish Kincaid lake. Now I'm not a horn hunter and will be just getting a doe permit. So I'll be in touch. When is a good time to go? I can meet you there. My number is 314-846-1824. I have quite a few hunts schduled this year but maybe we can go once or twice. I am retired so time isn't important.
Thanks

Spudrow from Mo
Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

It takes me an hour and a half to get to Coffeen Lake. I fish it all the time. I don't mind walking at all. Like I said in an earlier post I'll be getting a doe permit for archery. Would we need a boat to get to some of the places to hunt?I have one. I am retired so any time is fine with me. We could fish and talk about deer hunts. When is good for you? My number is 314-846-1824. Thanks.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

Spud..look into chouteau island. It is just north of Granite City and South of Alton. Over 4000 acres of public hunting. Come south on 255 to New Pouge road. Go west (back underneath the highway) and this will take you to route 3. Chouteau Island and Corps of engineer land is right in front of you...basically. if you want to know more then PM and I'll give you my cell phone #.

I'll even walk you around the island.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Paul. Well the grand daughter has gone back to Texas and I am ready to get prepared for fall bow hunting. When would you be able to walk around Chouteau Island? I have a couple of friends who want to take a look at the place.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 08-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Mac,

It was good talking to you. If you and your friends want to walk around the island then that would be great. I'll let you know if this weekend would be good to go out.

Paul

Quick Reply: Public hunting property in Ill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.