HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Illinois Non-Resident Lottery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/197610-illinois-non-resident-lottery.html)

midsouth_hunter 07-13-2007 08:24 PM

Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Has anybody not known of anubody not getting an Illinois Non-Resident Tagfor the past couple of years. I amtrying to gauge the whole permit lotteryresults. I think itis a little strange for Illinois DNR to charge your credit card at the time you apply for a permit and then not release the results of the lottery until almost two months after they charge your credit card. If youdo not get a pemit, you would get a refund back after they have held your money for nearly two months.

Widgeonus 07-13-2007 10:01 PM

RE: Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Here's what it has on the DNR website. Everyone that applied last year got archer tags.

4) If you have been denied your permit you will receive a refund within approximately four (4) weeks.

utah436 07-14-2007 09:27 AM

I was told the samething has happened this year. i Have not heard from the dnr yet, but this is what I was told.

midsouth_hunter 07-14-2007 08:14 PM

Utah436,

Were you told that everybody that applied was getting a permit this year? Or it would take 4 weeks to get reimbursed if were not given a permit? I know the reason why they went to a "Lottery" instead of the first come policy they had a few years ago but it still sounds like a funny way of doing business

utah436 07-15-2007 10:38 AM

Midsouth,

I was told that they did not fill all of the tags again this year so there would be no lottery for the NR permits. Everyone that applied would receive a tag. I have been calling the DNR office for the past week but I keep getting a recording.

BOWHUNTERCOP 07-15-2007 01:28 PM

If they haven't sold all the archery tags for NR, would they then sell whatever leftovers they have in the future?

midsouth_hunter 07-15-2007 03:01 PM

Yea, I think the increase in the numbers of permits as well as the considerable price increases over the alst few years has dropped the number of applicants. A few years ago when it was a first come, first serve policy it was a little crazy trying ot get through on the phone and the tags were sold out in a day or two. Tags were about a hundred dollars less and permit availability were a few thousand less. At least back then you knew pretty quick if you had a permit so you could start making travel plans.

Widgeonus 07-15-2007 06:54 PM

Last year they sold the extra tags on a first come first serve basis. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.

BOWHUNTERCOP 07-16-2007 01:20 PM

when will they have the leftover NR archery tags for sale?

Widgeonus 07-16-2007 03:01 PM

not sure about that but they haven't even officially announced that they havne't met the quota of 20,000 NR tags yet. They aren't suppose to do this until the end of July