Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black panthers in the hunting woods

Well so far on this forum there's been at least adozen states and one province in Canada with sightings over the last 50 years. The expertsexplainthe sightings asjustpeople's pet black leopardsor jaguars thatwere turned loose or escaped, because there is no such thing as a native blackpanther.A fewquestions about that explanation. If they are "pets", then why are they so elusive and don't just walk up to anybody for treats like other pets?They would have to be hungryhaving being raised eating out ofabig kitty bowl. How many people out there, especially 50 years ago and way back in the woods, keep or kept black leopards for pets?!?! And where in the he!! did theyget one from? The traveling black leopard pet store!! I thought they were RARE! They would have to be very expensive so why would someone turn one loose as opposed to selling it for an exorbitant price?Just some food for thought on the "experts" opinions.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: drs1961

Well so far on this forum there's been at least adozen states and one province in Canada with sightings over the last 50 years. The expertsexplainthe sightings asjustpeople's pet black leopardsor jaguars thatwere turned loose or escaped, because there is no such thing as a native blackpanther.A fewquestions about that explanation. If they are "pets", then why are they so elusive and don't just walk up to anybody for treats like other pets?They would have to be hungryhaving being raised eating out ofabig kitty bowl. How many people out there, especially 50 years ago and way back in the woods, keep or kept black leopards for pets?!?! And where in the he!! did theyget one from? The traveling black leopard pet store!! I thought they were RARE! They would have to be very expensive so why would someone turn one loose as opposed to selling it for an exorbitant price?Just some food for thought on the "experts" opinions.
I agree fully.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well so far on this forum there's been at least adozen states and one province in Canada with sightings over the last 50 years
And not one pic, footprint,scat,corpse from natural causes or shot, or any other bit of real proof!
With all these alleged sightings you would think one bit of real proof would show up by accident if nothing else.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

No foot prints? Huh?

Maybe they are flying black panthers!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

I am sick of seeing this thread, would everyone just let it die already [&o][&o]
Old 07-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

well my buddy just got 2 big black cats on his trail cam. Illl post pics as soon as I can.
OK - Your buddy just got 2 black cats on his trail cam.

And there located in

southern indiana
Sounds like another post you recently made

God, if there was a way to go back and get some of my OLD posts, from last year, I could show you a nice one that I had lol.. It makes my 10 pointer look like a baby.
So here we are with NO PIC's !!

Since this has Nothing to do with Deer Hunting and the black panthers were filmed (trail cam) in Southern Indiana by your buddy - This topic belongs in the Midwest forum.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup - Lets get back on Topic! "Black panthers in the hunting woods"
Old 08-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

SO where's the pics already???
Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damage Control........I guess this is how Watergate got started? LMAO
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

ok, it aint black but it sure as hell IS a big cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.