Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Spike

Default RE: Black panthers in the hunting woods

ORIGINAL: DannyD

I thought I was gonna read about a millitant group from the 70's that have now taken up hunting.
Those Black Panthers are still very real my friendat least that is what I heard.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Hope you family problems get worked out soon. because i want to see that buck your talking about all the time
Old 07-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay fellas... time to prove that mountain lions are found eastof the mississippi. I can't prove black panthers at the moment, but I'll get around to it. Right now in my hand is the "national audubon society's field guide to mammals, north america adition." Here's what they said about mountain lions:

Habitat: Originally varied; now generally mountainous, semi-arid terrain; sub tropical and tropical forests and swamps.

Range: Western North America from British Columbia and s Albertasouth through w Wyoming to California, w Texas and s Texas. Despite numerous reports throughout the US, Everglades area of s Florida, which contains perhaps 45-75 individuals, has only viable population east of the mississippi river.

the mountain lion is a solitary, strongly territorial hunting species. Unlike most cats, it hunts day or night, although is generally active by day only in undisturbed areas, choosing to hunt at night in populated areas to avoid humans. A male may cover up to 25 miles in one night. The mountain lion's bloodcurdling mating call has been likened to a woman's scream.

The last documented records for Pennsylvania were in 1871 (except one taken in Edinboro in 1967); for Virginia, in 1882, and for West Virginia, 1887. There are relatively recent reliable records in Alabama, including Tuscaloosa County, where one was shot in 1956, and Clarke County where plaster casts were made of tracks in 1961 and 1966. There may still be a remnant population Louisianna and extreme southeastern Arkansas, as there are liable records from Caddo Parish, Louisiana, in 1965; from Madison Parish, Louisiana, in 1971; and from Ashley County, Arkansas, in 1969. In 1971, a speciman was taken near Pikeville, Tennessee. ONLY CLASSIFIED AS GAME ANIMAL IF ABUNDANT.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM

Interesting chris H but the last parts confusing " ONLY CLASSIFIED AS GAME AND ANIMAL IF ABUNDANT" so how can an animal not be classified as an animal?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry... let me edit that. Its supposed to say, "only classified as game animal if abundant. Not game AND animal. my mistake.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, after 20 pages of this nonsense, turns outyour buddy is a crackhead, a liar, and the pics don't exist. I'm shocked!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

OK Bristoboy I admit you are right I just got attacked by a cougar when I was picking sweet corn, LOL.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well although Bristy tried to talk the talk - it's old uncle matt who's walking the walk!

I got a picture from the guy mentioned earlier. See........his son is a man of his word (unlike Bristy's little buddy Scarface). His son forwarded his picture to me in a timely fashion.

And here it is, it was taken in Will county Illinois last year. As you can all see it is clearly a black panther! From the description of the scream it emits I can only liken it to a scream let outby the old women at the bingo parlor when Metro took his shirt off!

What do you guys think?

Truly a vicious killer, a true hunter. Although there is nothing in the picture to compare it to, the guy said it must have been around 6-7 foot nose-to-tail.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you go uncle matt, lol.....
Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

not funny [>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.