Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Black panthers in the hunting woods

I've seen two of them. One around 1980 just north of Clayton, Alabama on a clear morning at about 8:00 AM, about 25 yards away. The other one was about 5 years ago just outside of Troy, Alabama one walked across the road in front of me at about 75 yards just before dark. I'll go to my grave believing they exist.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 AM

I'll believe any big cat story after seeing panthers and tigers in the woods of PA. But I know they are just pets that got released because their dumb-azz owner didnt know they would grow that big and eat their dog[8D]But believe me you will mess yourself when a tiger walks past your stand.[]

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

If your interested in this check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUE58vV2Ws

Some guys on youtube explain it as a black color phase or something, still pretty sweet!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

That was a cool video... Looks real to me...
Old 07-07-2007, 10:09 AM

I believe they exist.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 AM

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/sidney-cat-4/

Sightings of big cats come in all the time.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

"Black or melanistic leopards are common and often erroneously referred to as "black panthers". The truth is however that they are not a panther and that all black panthers are actually black leopards. If you look at a black leopard in the sunlight, you will find that the coat color is actually a very dark brown and that the spots are very visible throughout the animal. A panther is really a cougar species and, unlike popular belief, melanistic cougars do not exist in the wild. Melanistic jaguars exist also but again, they are only found in South America."

-found this on a website about big cats, thought this would help your thoughts on what he seen.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

[/align]It is true the DNR in indiana released them to help with the deer population but they wont admit to it the panthers have been caught on video and has been shown on several news channels around decatur area
Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 PM

A friend of mine knows another friend who said he heard from a DNR representative that the sasquatches use them as pets?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Va the dnr has released 4 pairs of the big cats, They told use that this use to be there aria and they were bringing thm back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.