Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT >

GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT

Old 01-06-2002, 01:19 AM

Default RE: GENERAL MILLS BOYCOTT

I didn't send a copy of yours but i sent one I wrote. I don't feel like furthuring your personal agenda but I do believe it's something to take action on.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Spike

deerslayer still,

It doesn't matter, as long as you send a letter. This isn't my personal agenda. This was announced by the WLFA on Dec 12,01. I didn't see any posts on this until gunsalot posted it on Dec 27 only a few people read his post.
When this post was spammed on this forum it was read 792 times in 3 days.
I'm not a big forum poster. I usually reply to one or two posts a month. But this issue had to get out and get sportsmen and women involved.
You say this is my personal agenda and I thank you for that. It least I can say I’m trying to do something to help protect our hunting and fishing rights and privileges for the future generations.
Chekmate
Old 01-11-2002, 12:11 AM

It just totally chafes my hide when you come onto a forum and call everyone lazy and keep saying that there are hundreds of people on this site but nobody's doing anything. Just remember. Just because someone read the post and didn't give you your little proverbial pat on the back by posting "My e-mail has been sent." doesn't mean that they are not doing anything or not sending an e-mail of their own, or yours for that matter. I won't attempt to speak for anyone else when I say that when I read a post that tells me I'm lazy and the poster seems so self-riteous I just ignore that person. The constant spamming is annoying and has made me regret even replying to the post in the first place because you are so offensive to me.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

deerslayer still...you need to relax dude!!! Geez! I see nothing offensive at all about Chekmate or his posts. It's not his personal agenda and he has called nobody "lazy" and is not bashing anyone for not posting back to him that they took action. Leave him alone! We need folks like this that are full of vim and vigor and ACT and don't talk about it. I would not have followed this or acted on it had he not posted it so I want to thank him for that. You, on the other hand, owe an apology.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:45 PM

Have you read ALL of his posts on the other forums. In the Freshwater fishing forum he called the people lazy because they didn't immediately post a reply saying that they had sent an e-mail to General Mills.

After seeing the post on every forum it gets to be old news. I did send an e-mail to them but don't appreciate getting lambasted with things like this over and over and over and over. I read the hunting politics board also and that is where posts of this kind belong. not here or anywhere else.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Spike

wolfen68,

deerslayer is correct. I did call the readers on the Freshwater forum apathetic. Which I stated means indifferent, unconcerned and lazy. The reason I did this was no one was reading the post. After I made that comment the posts were read a lot. Thanks for contacting General Mills with your concerns.

Deerslayer still,
My spamming of this bulletin board of this post was read 754 times in 3 days. I was not looking for anyone to respond to me. I was looking for readers! Sportsmen and women to get involved. In the Freshwater forum no one was reading the post so I shook up that forum and had 80 people read the boycott post in one day.

The spamming of the General Mills post was read 700 percent more than if it was just on the HuntingPolitics Forum. The DaimlerChrysler post has been out since Jan. 10th and has only been read 100 times.

I’m not looking for a pat on the back, I just wanted to keep it in every face so the average sportsperson would become concerned and do something for a change, instead of letting it slide off our back like we usually do.

General Mills has done nothing other than send form letters or emails in an effort to appease us until we forget. Sportsmen and women have short memories on non hunting or fishing related subjects and all companies and politicians know this. That is why I’m trying to keep this out front. Maybe the sporting community will stay focused for a change and we will win.

Please keep up the boycott of General Mills and writing letters. We need companies to realize sportsmen and women have had enough.