Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Tick bite...

Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 AM

Default RE: Tick bite...

that sucks i hate them things
Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Agree with the above posts. Don't let it go. Early detection is the key. It is a simple antiabiotic for a couple of months. IF it progresses is gets very difficult and sometimes impossible to get rid of. I have seen people crippled and bed ridden because of this. So don't mess around. Get it taken care of NOW! Once your joints start hurting the bacteria has transformed into a "Cyst" and normal antibiotics are useless.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 PM

I contacted the head of Quad med and explained the situation. He forwarded my internet research to a Lymes specielist who called me and said I indeed have lymes disease and need to get on the antibiotic meds right away and sent the prescription and amount of the drug I requested to our pharmacy

Being a little proactive and watching out for ones own well being is the best medicine we have Let this be a lesson not to put all your faith into one or two Doctors. Do some research, ask some questions, take action man!!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

I sure hope something will be said to the original doctor by some one higher up...
Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

Ouch man, hope it doesn't get too serious?

What's weird also, for some reason this year seems more ticky than I can remember. So far this year just from doing a lil fishing and scouting, between me and a bud, we have had over 20 ticks on us. Anyone else notice this?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Yes, ticks are absolutely horrible this year. Check yourselves every night before sleeping. Lyme's is usually the result of a tick being embedded for awhile. You don't get it from every bite and not if they are just crawling on you. It's from the one's not found for several days that have been feeding for awhile. It's , I believe, actually the baby ticks that spread it when they embed. They can be very difficult to see at 1st. (so small) Don't forgt your scalp. I found/felt a few crawling in my hair when turkey hunting. Ultra Thon by 3M is very good at keeping them away.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Been there, it sucks. You'll get some antibiotics and be ok. Just remember the antibiotics make your skin super prone to sunburn. At least mine did.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt in IL

What's weird also, for some reason this year seems more ticky than I can remember. So far this year just from doing a lil fishing and scouting, between me and a bud, we have had over 20 ticks on us. Anyone else notice this?

Absolutely! I was just in So. IL. and they're unreal. On arrival, I stepped out of the truck, walked 10 feet to unlock the gate. Got back in the truck, looked down and I had one on each foot!

Speedy recoveryto ya Bloodbro

Old 05-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

In my stomping grounds I fully expect to see a lot of ticks on me, and come home w/ a few. I need a through check after every outing.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

We never had them here in Vt but over the past few years they have made a presence. Pretty ugly little critters.

Quick Reply: Tick bite...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.