Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL DNR gave permits to politically connected hunters >

IL DNR gave permits to politically connected hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL DNR gave permits to politically connected hunters

Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL DNR gave permits to politically connected hunters

ORIGINAL: salukidawg

This goes on in every state.......................This has been going on alot longer than Rod has been in office............Check other states before you point fingers.
Let me think.....................who was gov. before Roddy?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few other names on the list that are connected to hunting and tournament archery I noticed are
Jesse Moorehead
Michael Braden
Alex Rutledge
Old 04-14-2007, 07:14 AM

no it does not however there are somethings in life that isnt worth getting upset over...........and this is one of them. All of the Rod bashers just need to go threw the records and polital favorites of our past 3 governors and they will find the same things.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

The most disturbing fact of this is that some of these privilegedare so clearly breaking the game laws as far as the number of permits issued.

Who is Wilbur K. Engelhardt? Why in the world should he be entitled to 10 Randolph county permits in 2004? All issued 10-01-2004 - guess he couldn't get one thru the lottery like the rest of us. OR DID HE AND GET 10 MORE?!

And why would then Mr. Engelhardt be further entitled to 10 MORE PERMITS, issued the very same day for Perry county?

I feel really bad for the 10 guys who applied in the lottery for Randolph county and got denied. And the 10 guys who applied in the lottery for Perry county and were denied ................ SORRY BUT IT APPEARS THOSE PERMITS WERE RESERVED FOR THE VERY SPECIAL MR. ENGELHARDT.

And who is Thomas M. Shannon? Did he make Pike county with his own two hands? 8 permits in 2004 for Pike county, issued 10-13. Is this guy also too good for the lottery?

So many people getting permits AFTER the lottery draws are done and over with! HEY WHAT'S THAT SMELL? I KNOW THAT SMELL!

IT'S THE SMELL OF ANOTHER BLAGOVICH SCANDAL!

I think it's time for an investigation. There's game laws being violated here folks. I teach hunter safety education classes right here in Illinois and I feel one of the most important topics we cover is ETHICS & RESPONSIBILITY. Essentially this topic in a nutshell is BE HONEST, GOVERN YOURSELF & ABOVE ALL .............. FOLLOW THE RULES!

And what is happening here is just downright unethical.

I saw one of the most very senior hunter safety instructors name on the list for Kendall county in 2006!What am I to think of him now? Maybe we could go over the Ethics & Responsibility chapter together? [&o]
Now I realize this one guy was issued 20 total permits for 2 counties. Now the big question is did he still only harvest 2 antlered deer under his name? Because that is our limit for the state now if he is a outfitter and is giving those permits to clients are they not still registered in his name? that would mean only 2 antlered deer a season...hmmmmmmm
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

This goes on in every state.......................This has been going on alot longer than Rod has been in office............Check other states before you point fingers.
I live in this state so I will start pointing my finger here - but thanks just the same for the advice.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:48 AM

so do I dip ****................Maybe if the republipicans didnt screw up the entire state the past 30 years we(Illinois) wouldnt be in such a mess. All you republicans are quick to point the finger but have already forgot what your party has done for are state.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM

I know some folks on the list that are not politically connected, Baseball players, or Outfitters.
Sooooo not everyone on there should be on there.
I spoke w/ someone on the list and he said that the permit that he received was A late season firearm and was paid for, but sent in late.
He never called anyone to help out, he just sent it in.
He is the farthest thing from being politically connected as you can get.
His two kids Youth permits are on there also, but they were legit and no one helped him obtain them.
So where do ya think the money went to for these three permits?
He would like to know.

Scott
Old 04-14-2007, 11:37 PM

so do I dip ****................Maybe if the republipicans didnt screw up the entire state the past 30 years we(Illinois) wouldnt be in such a mess. All you republicans are quick to point the finger but have already forgot what your party has done for are state.
Blagoyajoke is nothing more than a liar, and a thief. He should be treated as such. He has gutted the DNR, and raided their funds. Now, he is coming after the "assault weapons" and other guns with "evil features".

When he was elected, he promised to turn this state around. All he has managed to due is sink it further in debt, and make it an even bigger hell hole.

And until we get a govenor that can basically say "screw you" to Chicago, we are doomed as a whole.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not qualified to debate with such an esteemed scholar. But to all others........

this is in no way an issue related to political party affiliations. Dems and Republicans have both snuck under the fence on this one.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

As to this cute little comment (little people usually make little comments) ...........

If maybe you dipped some Skoal - you're breath would improve.

Quick Reply: IL DNR gave permits to politically connected hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.