HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Cougar in Illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/185144-cougar-illinois.html)

bfulton77 03-19-2007 08:31 AM

Cougar in Illinois

Does anyone have proof of the cougar everyone is seeing in macoupin county IL? Or heard anything?

Lanse couche couche 03-19-2007 08:49 AM

RE: Cougar in Illinois

Never heard of it. But given their documented presence in Iowa, and Missouri, it shouldn't be surprising.

WabashHunter 03-19-2007 11:13 AM

There have been sightings in West Central Indiana of a cougar, and I have seen pictures of a footprint taken on a friends hunting property there, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Matchbook454 03-19-2007 05:29 PM

I was hit on by a cougar last week at the grocery store. She said that her divorce was fianlly final and that her cans were back on the market, whatever that means. She said something about checking her out in the fast lane and I just got the hell out of there. The grocery store was in a Western suburb of Chicago and I know for sure that there are other cougars like her chasing after innocent young men here in IL.

sjsfire 03-20-2007 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Matchbook454

I was hit on by a cougar last week at the grocery store. She said that her divorce was fianlly final and that her cans were back on the market, whatever that means. She said something about checking her out in the fast lane and I just got the hell out of there. The grocery store was in a Western suburb of Chicago and I know for sure that there are other cougars like her chasing after innocent young men here in IL.

Did she have any cubs with her???

Matchbook454 03-20-2007 04:45 PM

Not that I could see. She looked old enough that her cubs would have been on their own by now.

furgitter 03-21-2007 12:02 PM

Its good to know we all havent lost our sence of humer on this sight.Some folks get so darned carried away.Good luck with that cougar,see if she has any sisters,a 6 pack of cans could make for some good campfire stories.LOL

Matchbook454 03-21-2007 04:03 PM

furgitter, you're darn right! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. I think that the purpose of these forums is so that people can help each other out, make some new friends with a similar interest, and promote hunting. Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorrant people out there who are always looking to pick a fight, and start some kind of trouble. As you can see, I have a sense of humor and like to joke around a bit, but I get pissed when I see someone bashing a guy because he gun hunts, baits, or hunts differently than he does. We're all hunters here and should stick together or someday we might not have that right to hunt at all.

HOSS 03-24-2007 11:11 PM

Amen matchbook!!
I know people down by kinkaid lake they said they saw one cut acrooss their yard one morn and my cousin husts the same propertey and had a doe kill taken from him he went back to get her in the morn (poor hit ) and found her 3/4 eaten and covered with leaves all that was stickin out was her hooves. I believe there here more than you may think

Tomtruk280 03-25-2007 05:40 AM

Dont know about Macoupin county butthere is proof that there are cougars around here in McDonough county it has been photographed and found foot prints in the snow and mud round Argyle lake and the Spring lake area.