Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 THE LAZY PEOPLE    ( OUTFITTERS ) >

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Old 03-11-2007, 12:51 AM

Default THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

WHO ALL OF US ARE TIRED OF LOSEING OUR HUNTING GROUNG TO THE HIGH PRICE OUTFITTERS?HERE IN ILLINOIS IT WAS NOTHING TO ASK AND GET PERMISTION FROM BOUT ANY LAND OWNER 15 YEAR AGO.AND NOW A DAYS IF YOU DONT OWN LAND THEN YOUR BOUT OUT OF LUCK ON HUNTING.
YOU USE TO COULD BUY TIMBERD LAND FOR A LITTLE OF NOTHING BUT NOW YOUR LOOKING AT NO LESS THEN 2500-3000 AN ACRE.
ALL BECAUSE OF THE SO CALLED OF THE SO CALLED DEER MANAGEMENT PEOPLE CALLED OUTFITTERS(THE LAZY PEOPLE).THE ARE ONLY OUT FOR ONE THING AND THATS THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR.THEY DONT KNOW WHAT REAL WORK IS ANYMORE THEY JUST CHARGE 1500 TO HUNT THERE LAND AND DONT DO NOTHING BUT PLANT A FOOD PLOT HERE N THERE AND SIT BACK N WAIT FOR THE HUNTING SEASON.AND US FOLKS THAT WORK 5-6 DAYS A WEEK 8-12 HOURS A DAY A WELL JUST OUT OF LUCK.
ANYONE THAT I TALK TO ROUND HERE ARE BOUT TO OPEN OUR OWN SEASON. THE OUTFITTER (LAZY PEOPLE)SEASON.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Bartender

Default RE: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

So true and Ohio is probably next. These shows move in and popularity goes up and thats what we have.[:@]
Old 03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

That is so true, I had my hunt ruined by HadleyCreek's swarm of hunters. What little fence row I had to hunt, Hadley Creek had guys every 300yds. lined up along the same fencerow. I pulled up stakes and left. Ate a 425 dollar license because of the money hungry, don't care who I screw,outfitters.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM

A quote to ponder:

"The rich..who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of game." -Theodore Roosevelt

so true[&o]
Old 03-11-2007, 05:11 PM

The Outfitters here in Illinois will ruin it here and move on to other states to ruin.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree. in fact when my family bought our land we bought it for $400 an acre! try to find that price nowadays lol
Old 03-11-2007, 08:14 PM

I can understand your frustration with the situation, but, calling outfitters lazy is pretty moronic. If you actually understood how much time, effort, and money went into being an outfitter, you'd change your tune. Then again, ignorance is bliss.

p.s. Nice first post.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Tomtruk280

WHO ALL OF US ARE TIRED OF LOSEING OUR HUNTING GROUNG TO THE HIGH PRICE OUTFITTERS?HERE IN ILLINOIS IT WAS NOTHING TO ASK AND GET PERMISTION FROM BOUT ANY LAND OWNER 15 YEAR AGO.AND NOW A DAYS IF YOU DONT OWN LAND THEN YOUR BOUT OUT OF LUCK ON HUNTING.
YOU USE TO COULD BUY TIMBERD LAND FOR A LITTLE OF NOTHING BUT NOW YOUR LOOKING AT NO LESS THEN 2500-3000 AN ACRE.
ALL BECAUSE OF THE SO CALLED OF THE SO CALLED DEER MANAGEMENT PEOPLE CALLED OUTFITTERS(THE LAZY PEOPLE).THE ARE ONLY OUT FOR ONE THING AND THATS THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR.THEY DONT KNOW WHAT REAL WORK IS ANYMORE THEY JUST CHARGE 1500 TO HUNT THERE LAND AND DONT DO NOTHING BUT PLANT A FOOD PLOT HERE N THERE AND SIT BACK N WAIT FOR THE HUNTING SEASON.AND US FOLKS THAT WORK 5-6 DAYS A WEEK 8-12 HOURS A DAY A WELL JUST OUT OF LUCK.
ANYONE THAT I TALK TO ROUND HERE ARE BOUT TO OPEN OUR OWN SEASON. THE OUTFITTER (LAZY PEOPLE)SEASON.
Outfitters do work there butts off trying to make there money, but it is sad what is happening. Here in Illinois, Pike Country alone has 75 different outfits.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

First of all, there is public land you can hunt. Second, the only person you should be calling lazy is yourself. If you don't like it, then buy your own land which you shouldn't have any trouble doing if you are working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. If you're working that much and still can't afford to buy ground then you are a total dumbsh*t.

Outfitters may take "your" land away, but they pay huge dividends to the area. 1. The tourism they bring to West Central IL is huge. Without their business, local restaurants, hotels, and others couldn't survive. Just look at the Archery Shop in Pittsfield. A beautiful 3,000 sq. ft. building that would never be there if it weren't for outfitters coming into the area. 2. Without outfitters, the land management for deer would be terrible. Areas where deer were once starving now have food available year round. It also helps decrease the amount of crop damage deer cause to a farmer'scrop. 3.Farmers who once had little to no income from the timber areas on their farm are now seeing increased revenue.

Rather than complaining about "The Lazy People", maybeyou should think twice about what exactly outfitters do for this region and not what they do for you.

ORIGINAL: Tomtruk280

Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm gonna stay out of the debate over whether outfitters are good, bad, or neutral. But I will say that they couldn't do much of their business if landowner were not leasing their ground to them. And people do have the right to make money off their own land even if we (including me) don't necessarily like it.

The problem also goes beyond outfitting. There is not much of that in the part of Illinois where i own land and hunt. There, the price of land has gone from 400 to 2000 and acre because people, both local and out of state, were willing to pay higher and higher prices to buy land just to hunt on.

I know that deer hunting helps out local economies, but sometimes i wish that the population would drop about 75 percent. Things were a lot more fun before deer hunting became a big business and turned a lot of people into jerks.

Quick Reply: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.