Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator! >

Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

URGENT GUN RIGHTS ALERT – IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

The Illinois Senate is about to debate a ban on semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

If passed, you would have 90 days to register your guns with the State Police or face arrest and felony prosecution.

If you were caught with an AR-15 and 4 magazines, you’d get life in prison.

THREE THINGS YOU MUST DO TO SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS

1. Beginning on Tuesday, March 6th, call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you are opposed to Senate Bill 16 – the Daley Assault Weapons Ban – and that you would like them to vote against Senate Bill 16 Senate Bill 16 when it comes to the floor. If you do not know who your State Senator is, then visit the following web site: www.ilga.gov and then click on the “Legislator Lookup” link in the lower right hand corner of the home page. Follow the instructions at that link.

2. Pass this alert along to all your gun-owing friends; tell them to call their State Senators also.

3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet Bulleting Boards and Internet sites to which you belong.

I called my Senator this morning, you should too!!

IF YOU DO NOT ACT NOW, YOU MAY HAVE NO GUNS LEFT BY THE 4TH OF JULY
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Made my call this afternoon. The woman that answered the phone said they were bombarded with calls against the proposed bills, so keep it up people. Hopefully Daley will get indited before he gets his way.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I just checked the status of SB16 ond it shows it has been postponed.But for how long?Everyone still needs to contact their Senator,especially if they are not profoundly pro-gun.

For more info go to www.isra.org

Bill
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait so he is tryin to have semi autos banned in ALL Ilinois now?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

3-6-07

URGENT ALERT – ILLINOIS ONE STEP CLOSER TO GUN BAN

Freedom-loving Illinois citizens were dealt a serious blow today when Senate Bill 16 – the Daley plan to ban and confiscate your semiautomatic rifles and shotguns – passed out of the Senate Public Health Committee. The bill now goes to the full Senate for what promises to be a furious floor fight.

YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED IN THE BATTLE TO SAVE YOUR GUNS – PLEASE DO EACH OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
[blockquote]
1. Call Senate President Emil Jones’ office at (217) 782-2728 and tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you do not appreciate Senator Jones treating you like a criminal. (Jones is the original sponsor of SB16).

2. Call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you oppose SB16 and you would like them to vote against SB16 when it reaches the senate floor. If you do not know who your senator is, then call (217) 782-2000 and ask the switchboard to connect you with your senator. Or go on the Internet to: www.ilga.gov and use the “Legislator Lookup” feature in the lower right hand corner to identify your senator and get their phone number.

3. Call State Senator Antonio Munoz, the sponsor of SB16’s most recent amendment, at: (217) 782-9415 and tell the person who answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and that you do not appreciate Senator Munoz treating you like a criminal. Then call Munoz’s district office at (773) 869-9050 and tell the person there the same thing.

4. In a tactic as bad as the Soviet Union, Committee Chairman Susan Garrett denied gun owners the opportunity to testify against SB16 in senate hearings on the bill today. In effect, YOUR VOICE WAS SILENCED by Sen. Garrett. Of course, Daley’s Gun Grabbers were allowed to testify. So, it is important that you call Sen. Garrett’s office at (217) 782-3650, and remind the person who answers the phone that this is still the United States of America and that you are angry that Sen. Garrett denied your fellow citizens the right to be heard. Also, call Garrett’s district office at (847) 433-2002 and tell the person there the same thing.

5. Pass this alert along to all your gun owning friends. Tell them to make the same phone calls.

6. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.

7. If you are not a member of the ISRA, or you have gun owning friends who are not members of the ISRA, then go to www.isra.org and join today.
[/blockquote]
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Well,I made my calls,not only to my Senator,but also the Senators named in Christines post.If this passes and you lose you gun rights and you didn't call,you also lose your "Bitc-in Rights".

Bill
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made the call this morning. lady said there has been an awful lot of calls coming in. let keep it up!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 PM

Just tried to call my senator and couldnt get through. Then tried to call Emil Jones but his voice mailbox was full. I will be at it again in the morning.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck to all in Ill. I hear Daley is a real bastard when it comes to people being free in HIS state. Don't stop the bombardment of calls and e-mails until the bill is pulled, or defeated.Even thenthe bills sponser will table it until it all blows over, lobby (bribe) the hell out of the undecided senators to convince enough to vote to pass the bill. And then re-introduce and vote on it unexpectedly in the night when nobody is awake to stop it, or bundle it with some crime bill thatlooksreasonable to everyone at a distance but is ashorrible as your mothers third cousin Irma up close.
Sorry Irma, you're a nice old lady, but you stink of cigarettes and cooking sherry and the jello mold full of cat hair ruined my christmas dinner.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:03 AM

I finally got through and left a message for my senator. I also tried to call the senator who started this, but his mailbox was full.

Quick Reply: Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.