Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator! >

Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

I am from Indiana and I think its BULL****!!! WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:58 AM

just called Senator Demuzio's Carlinville office, I verified Ms. Demuzio is OPPOSED to SB16.

I've made calls to Jones, Munoz and Garretts offices also, they dont answer but I've left each of them a pleasant message letting them know I am appaulled by their attempt to oppress the law abiding gun owning citizens of Illinois.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM

It will never happen.............You guys have your panties in a bunch for nothing.........
Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Salukidawg:
Your post sounds like a very naive assumption.
Why do you believe it will never happen without response from Illinois sportsman? Do you feel that the NRA and ISRA are unnecessary organizations and that their alerts and requests for voter responce are not needed?

Bill
Old 03-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

It can and does happen regularly everwhere in the nation. People have no idea, how many fools I asked for help,to just make a call or send a letter,who said the Clinton assault rifle ban would never pass. We had to live with it for 10 years. Enough calls and letters probably would have stopped it. Congress was so unsure of it that they put in a sunset clause to test it. It didn't work and thank god it expired.If you have checked with hunter's and gun owner's main lobbying powerhouse, the NRA lately, you know that the democrats are trying right now to resurrect the Clinton gun ban to include all semi auto's, pistolsand any gun that the attorney general doesn't like. It must meet his idea of a hunting weapon to be allowed.If you don't remain vigilant and keep your representatives working for you, they will soon turn toward and help those with the loudest voice. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say. If you're not complaining, you must be a sure vote, so why not try to please the other group? It isn't about casting one vote, or making one phone call. It takes years to make legislative changes and reverse bad legislation. You have to keep close track of these people to make sure they are doing the job you want done. If they are not, you better have a plan to replace them when their term limit expires.
Our government works great, if everyone participates like they are meant to, on a daily basis. These people work for us,on our dime, and if you don't supervise their work, and do your part to correct them, then you deserve what you get and have no right to complain. If you don't exorcise your right and your dutyto help run this country you'll soon lose your rights altogether.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM

It will never happen.................. Climton had the House and Senate on hisside for a timr when he was President....Did it happen???? No ........Here in Illinois it will not happen either. NRA is a bunch of rich pricks that take money from nieve people, save your money.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Are you serious of just kidding around and trying to stir people up? If you were refering to President Clinton in your last post, he actually did get an AWB passed. Don't you remember in the early mid 90s when they put capacity restrictions on magazines? These laws do get passed and they do have an effect on us. PAC are a usefull tool. Why not use one?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:10 PM

We are talking assault weapons here??? Then I see. Can anyone tell me why anyone needs assault weapons anyway? Why do you need guns that hold over 30 rounds in a mag? Are these sporting rifles???? The name says it all Assault Weapons not sporting guns. Where do you draw the line between the 2? Are you going to tell me that we should have the right to own any gun we want??? OK then I want a Howitzer, isnt that a gun??? Hell let everyone have one I think they would be sporting to shoot. There needs to be a limit what limit??? I do not have the answer to that. That is why we elect our government officials. Hopefully they will do what is right.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 PM

here are the gun laws in European countries...........They dont seem unreasonable to me.

ENGLAND and WALES [ul][*] Gun owners must be licensed. Applicants need two referees, and police are allowed to consult would-be gun owners' doctors.[*] Guns must be registered.[*] In the wake of the 1996 Dunblane massacre the government passed a law severely restricting handguns. Anyone in possession of a high caliber handgun faces a maximum 10 years' imprisonment or a $7,285 fine, or both.[/ul] FRANCE [ul][*] Firearms must be registered, except for sporting rifles.[*] A Sports Federation license is required to request an ownership permit. Applicants must have no record of criminal activity or mental illness. Applications approved by the Federation must also be vetted by local police and municipal officials. Permits must be renewed every three years.[*] Machine guns and automatic firearms are prohibited without special authorization and are reserved almost exclusively for military and police forces. [/ul] GERMANY [ul][*] Gun owners must be licensed and firearms registered.[*] Germany passed strict firearms regulation in 1972, and a new bill tightening the law even further may soon be passed by the upper house of parliament.[*] Those applying for a license must be over 18 years old and, generally, a German resident for more than three years.[*] Appplicants must prove their need to possess a gun, technical proficiency, knowledge of firearms and physical fitness.[*] Fully automatic weapons are banned. [/ul] ITALY [ul][*] Gun owners must be licensed and firearms registered.[*] Gun owners must be over 18, undergo psychological and physical tests and have a clean police record.[*] Licenses must be renewed each year.[*] No one may own more than three guns. [/ul] NETHERLANDS [ul][*] Gun owners must be licensed. Applicants must be over 18 years old and a gun club member for at least a year. Applications are approved by police, and licenses must be renewed annually. Firearms must be registered.[*] Automatic and semi-automatic weapons are banned. [/ul] SPAIN [ul][*] Gun owners must be licensed and undergo strict medical and psychological tests. No one is permitted to own more than six hunting rifles and one handgun.[*] Firearms must be registered and inspected annually.[*] Machine guns and submachine guns are banned, as are imitation pistols. [/ul] SWITZERLAND [ul] Gun owners must be licensed and firearms registered. Tighter regulation was introduced in 1999 — gun owners now require a permit. Applicants must prove they need a gun and pass an exam on their theoretical and practical knowledge of gun use. Members of the Swiss military are required to keep their weapons at home. Hunting and sporting rifles can be purchased without a permit and transported freely within the country, though permits are required to transport other guns. [/ul] EUROPEAN UNION [ul] The Schengen Agreement, which came into force in 1985, proposed harmonizing the acquisition, possession and sale of firearms across the signatory countries. These provisions have been overtaken by a European Union directive that sets out minimum standards for gun registration, including a "European firearm card" that any gun-owner must have on hand when transporting a weapon from one E.U. member state to another. [/ul] UNITED STATES [ul] Gun control is legislated and enforced at both the federal and state levels, resulting in a complex, often contradictory body of regulations. Some states severely restrict gun ownership, while others let people carry concealed firearms. Federal law severly restricts the use and purchase of fully automatic weapons. Some Americans think the U.S. Constitution contains a right to own guns, but legal scholars generally disagree. [/ul]
Old 03-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Bartender

So because we get to keep our guns doesnt mean someone who target shoots with a assault weapon cannot keep theres? Either its no guns or guns!
ORIGINAL: salukidawg

We are talking assault weapons here??? Then I see. Can anyone tell me why anyone needs assault weapons anyway? Why do you need guns that hold over 30 rounds in a mag? Are these sporting rifles???? The name says it all Assault Weapons not sporting guns. Where do you draw the line between the 2? Are you going to tell me that we should have the right to own any gun we want??? OK then I want a Howitzer, isnt that a gun??? Hell let everyone have one I think they would be sporting to shoot. There needs to be a limit what limit??? I do not have the answer to that. That is why we elect our government officials. Hopefully they will do what is right.

Quick Reply: Daley Assault Weapons Ban- Call your Senator!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.