Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Walmart

Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Walmart

Some of you are totally missing the business point of Wal mart not selling guns. I love wal mart I might add before I write anymore. Wal mart is a huge chain and they cut items, not just guns that don't sell. They order X amount of products, divide it between all the stores and the things that bring in the least revenue are cut. I am sure this has nothing to do with the stores that did well in gun sales but, they got hurt by the big city stores that have 20 guns in a case and never sell 1.
I don't see this as a reason not to go to one for other things. IF you can get a deal on something, get it is how I was raised.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 AM

Two of the walmarts that I go to still have guns and everything, but the other two, in a bigger city, have dropped thier guns. I don't buy guns from there either. But get other outdoor gear there.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

No offense to WALMART,..but ive seen some classy people working the late shift in sporting goods. I dont blame them for not wanting them handling guns. Id love to see there job application.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

I am sorry to say that Wal-Mart is crumbling into the anti-gun forces and increased pressure of laws and regulations. They are doing this all over the US. They began doing this last year and I was told by a Wal-Mart employee that they just do not sell enough guns in some stores to even put up with all tyhe regulations and oversight. It has become bad press when a gun sold from a Wal-Mart store ends up being used in a crime. They still have them at the stores where the volume of sales still makes it profitable enough. But that will be going away soon also.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where did everyone buy guns before walley world came to town? Everyone cried and moaned about big bussiness pushing mom and pop out the door when they set up.Now there crying that they cant get a gun there.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Could be a win-win situation. I don't foresee Walmarts cutting their number of employees because they no longer carry guns and ammo. But, as furgitter indicated. We could see a return to more mom and pop guns shops like i grew up with. Capitalism at its best.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

They sell what sells, and pull what doesn't, simple business econ 101.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Could be a win-win situation. I don't foresee Walmarts cutting their number of employees because they no longer carry guns and ammo. But, as furgitter indicated. We could see a return to more mom and pop guns shops like i grew up with. Capitalism at its best.
Let's hope so!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:00 AM

Buyer Beware.

A few years back, the Sprting Goods manager at my local Walmart informed me that the majority of the guns they sell are factory defects that have been reconditioned. He said that even though reconditioned, he seemed to have to send alit of those guns back into the manufacturer after being sold to a customer. Any truth to it?? I don't know. But the guy had no reason to lie to me. I stick to repuatable gun dealers from here on out.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:13 AM

the Wal-Mart here in Franklin, IN just stopped carrying most guns. The sporting goods guy told me they may still sell muzzleloaders, but he was not for sure. He said the managers at the store were against guns, so they helped get the guns taken out of the store. They sold quite a few guns out of there, so I don't think profit was the issue.

Quick Reply: Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.