Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Walmart

Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Walmart

Is walmart pulling a Zumbo on us??? I was told that they no longer carry guns in their Ohio stores. I thought walmart was pro gun?????
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Walmart

They are going to pull guns out of certain ILL. stores also, they say our gun laws are to hard to deal with!!![:@][:@]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 AM

They have been pulling guns out of their stores here in Michigan for the past year.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

yep, i learened this 2 years ago that walmart was pulling there sporting goods line. the sales were slumping so thats that. gives me no futher reason to go to walmart. hate to tell people i used to buy all from them lisence, guns, ammo, clothes, tackel for fishing ( yea, they drop the guns they lost my fishing dollar too ) times this by the 250,000 plus hunters and fishermen and women ( yes, my wife and kids wont go there either ) in the state of Ohio. lets not mistake this for anything less than a downward spiral for the company. sell your walmart stock boys. [:'(]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Bartender

Pulled them out of Antioch, IL and were in the process last Nov of pulling out of Antigo, Wi.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

In the process of pullin em in Linton, IN WALMART.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 4patches

yep, i learened this 2 years ago that walmart was pulling there sporting goods line. the sales were slumping so thats that. gives me no futher reason to go to walmart. hate to tell people i used to buy all from them lisence, guns, ammo, clothes, tackel for fishing ( yea, they drop the guns they lost my fishing dollar too ) times this by the 250,000 plus hunters and fishermen and women ( yes, my wife and kids wont go there either ) in the state of Ohio. lets not mistake this for anything less than a downward spiral for the company. sell your walmart stock boys. [:'(]
Let me get this straight. It's ok for you to shop Walmart for savings you incur on hunting and fishing itemsbut not for any one else who may have different wants and desires,Ummmmm. Interesting!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Spike

Here is KS they still sell guns and sporting goods at the stores where those items sell real well. In the stores in the cities they dropped guns and most of the hunting/fishing/camping type stuff. They are just trying to tailor their stores to what sells in those neighborhoods.

Indeed one of the stores in a rural area I hunt in carried a pretty complete selection of low end archery equipment last year, a bow, arrows, broadheads, the stuff was low end but if you are on a budget getting a $3 broadhead is better than no broadhead...

Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Ours only got rid of the guns, but the have a ton of archery and fishing stuff !!! Just did away with the guns..Lot of place just dont want the hassle of dealing with ILL. gun laws..[:@]
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 PM

Has nothing to do with Illinois gun laws. Theydont want the hassle and possiblity of lawsuits. To me big deal I dont buy guns from Walmart and really dont buy anything from them.

Quick Reply: Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.