Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 12-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-06-2002, 12:05 PM

Default RE: record harvest in ohio

check station where I go checked in 270 deer the first day...160 the second day so far when I was there about 5:30 pm.

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 12-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ohio is rocking right now for deer. I hope it stays that way for many years to come.

Old 12-07-2002, 03:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-07-2002, 07:03 AM

sometimes I gotta wonder if the deer herd is as good as they claim

or is it more a matter of shrinking habitat just making what deer there are much more visible

Im having a good year so far....two does in the freezer...one bow and one shotgun. I havent come across that big buck yet tho....and even tho I have taken two does the number of deer sighted so far this year has been abit lower than normal

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 12-08-2002, 08:03 AM

I have bow hunted a lot this year and actually seen fewer deer overall this fall. However, I have concentrated my efforts this year more on places a buck might hide, travel through and less on the obvious places that the does use. The only bucks I have seen was a 1 and 1/2 year old 7 point buck and a 1 and 1/2 year old 8 pointer. I passed on both. I haven't been able to get out for gun season due to a nasty flu(talk about bad timing). Well, I am guessing this year's record gun harvest might be due to ideal conditions. This week was cold and not a lot of precipitation or rain. Therefore, nearly every day was good for both deer and hunters. Deer will move more when it's cold and gun hunters are typically very tolerable of cold weather. Just my 2 cents worth. I might get out this afternoon and give it a try.

Old 12-12-2002, 10:41 PM

Wish I could have contributed to the numbers but am bust so far this year.Still time to fix that though Good luck all

SHOOT STRAIGHT
Old 12-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Spike

Well we here in Arizona thought the 7 farms we had available to us in Muskingum co. would be a great hunt! 1 buck and NO does came under my stand in 4 days of hunting! Nov 2o thru 24 accorrding to Ohio dnr middle of the rut! the buck was a big spike so I passed but I see more deer in Az then Ohio!! and we only claim to have 2 deer per sq mile here. I thought Muskingum co was a good place to hunt!Someone in that area (zaneville) contact me and let me know whats going on! is it good or not?Thanks

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.