HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   A Heads up for my Michigan Buddies (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/177169-heads-up-my-michigan-buddies.html)

RDHunter 01-25-2007 10:21 AM

A Heads up for my Michigan Buddies

Just thought I'd give all of my Michigan buddie's a word of warning.
The State Boy's will be out in full force during the month of February on a 30 day ticket frenzey.
Got word from a friend of mine that our first lady ordered over 50 troopers to patrol our highways 24/7 , she even got the part timers out to give tickets.
The E - Mail stated that they canpull you over for doing 5 miles over the limit and even a cracked windshield and not using your turn signal.
They gotta bunch of new unmarked Ford Crown Victoria's cruiser's so they gotta make the money to pay for them.
Here's a list of highways they will be patroling thoughtout the month I - 75 north and south , I - 94 between Ann Arbor and Port Huron , the entire I - 96 and I - 696 , I - 275 north and south and the M - 10 Lodge freeway.
So watch your speed , buckle up and make sure you use your turn signal's.

buckhunter14 01-25-2007 02:29 PM

RE: A Heads up for my Michigan Buddies

Thank you there RD. Sometimes we need to be reminded.

jonnyslim 01-26-2007 09:56 AM

I dunno RD, they said they were going to do the same thing last february and i didnt notice a difference in Sheriff presence. BTW i use I-94 and 275 everyday. Where did you here about this? If it happens to be true thanks for the heads up.

RDHunter 01-26-2007 10:34 AM

Thru an E - Mail from a friend of mine ,I'll send you the E - mail thru your pm.

stikbow26 01-26-2007 11:36 AM

Rd im a Dep up here in Ottawa county and our guys watch part of I196/I96 and we havent heard of any beef up, not saying its not true but they forgot to tell us!! Walt

RDHunter 01-26-2007 02:45 PM

Hey jonnyslim

You wouldn't be a undercover state boy would ya ..... :D

njenkins 01-26-2007 08:31 PM

I can confirm this from a buddy of mine who works at the Capital. Seems its not just to pay for the new Vics but also to help with a little revenue.

RDHunter 01-26-2007 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: njenkins

I can confirm this from a buddy of mine who works at the Capital. Seems its not just to pay for the new Vics but also to help with a little revenue.
Yea ... about 9 million dollars worth.

jonnyslim 01-26-2007 09:44 PM

Yeah so ya better watch out. I'll be the one driving the shiney, new Crown Vic.
RESPECT MY AUTHORITIE!!!

RDHunter 01-26-2007 09:56 PM

With all due respect , there was no offence intended in my reply.
I asked that question because you showed so much intrest on the source of info.
You did get the E - mail I sent you , didn't you ?