HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Does only in MN? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/171905-does-only-mn.html)

goyard74 12-25-2006 06:31 PM

Does only in MN?

I ran into a dnr conservation officer who told me they are strongly considering a does only season next year. what do u mn hunters think of that? Yay or nay?

crabclaw 12-25-2006 06:55 PM

RE: Does only in MN?

I don't see that ever happening in MN. I wouldn't not be in favor of that. I would however be in favor of the Earn A BUCK like wisconsin has.But there would alot of crying if the did that too.

mnbuckman 12-25-2006 08:49 PM

I wouldn't be against it. I would be really interested in the reaction though. I know a lot of people who would not be happy with that. By the way, was that everyone or just the gun hunters?

goyard74 12-26-2006 11:22 AM

u know, he didnt say. I guess i should of asked more questions but i was kind of in shock.

mnbuckman 12-26-2006 04:37 PM

Can't blame you for being in shock. I probably would have been too. To be honest I would be shocked if it accually happend.

goyard74 12-27-2006 11:08 AM

well mn has done weird things in the past

rankbull 12-27-2006 11:33 AM

I have to say I think it is time Minnesota does something about the quantity of quality bucks. I don’t know about the no buck thing but I am in strong favor of the earn a buck or the 4 tines on one side antler restrictions. In 8 seasons I have let some nice bucks walk to give them a little more but I am the only one in my area that does not shoot the first thing they see. Sorry this is a touchy subject with me, but I love the discussion.

Buck_Slayer 12-27-2006 03:58 PM

I Thinka doe only season would be great. You should see how out of whack the ratio is up here.
Then I agree that there should be a restriction on the size of bucks that are legal. I am sick of seeing people shooting yearling bucks that didn't even have a chance to grow. 4 on one side would be great.

mnbuckman 12-27-2006 04:54 PM

I would like to see people shoot a lot less yearlings bucks too. Maybe a does only season would help people see what a year can do for most bucks. I am definetly in favor of some sort of change.

RandallT 12-27-2006 06:53 PM

I have lived in MN for only 3 years, but their management is a lot like that of MO, where I am from. I hunted Illinois then and will hunt WI from here on out. I don't like the early "rut" gun seasons. I think this is the biggest factor in fewer Mature Bucks being around. I however am an avid bowhunter so I am biased, if I was only interested in gun hunting I would love to hunt MN or MO as I would be in the woods during the rut.