Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Does only in MN? >

Does only in MN?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Does only in MN?

Old 12-25-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Does only in MN?

I ran into a dnr conservation officer who told me they are strongly considering a does only season next year. what do u mn hunters think of that? Yay or nay?
Old 12-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does only in MN?

I don't see that ever happening in MN. I wouldn't not be in favor of that. I would however be in favor of the Earn A BUCK like wisconsin has.But there would alot of crying if the did that too.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Spike

I wouldn't be against it. I would be really interested in the reaction though. I know a lot of people who would not be happy with that. By the way, was that everyone or just the gun hunters?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:22 AM

u know, he didnt say. I guess i should of asked more questions but i was kind of in shock.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Spike

Can't blame you for being in shock. I probably would have been too. To be honest I would be shocked if it accually happend.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM

well mn has done weird things in the past
Old 12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say I think it is time Minnesota does something about the quantity of quality bucks. I don’t know about the no buck thing but I am in strong favor of the earn a buck or the 4 tines on one side antler restrictions. In 8 seasons I have let some nice bucks walk to give them a little more but I am the only one in my area that does not shoot the first thing they see. Sorry this is a touchy subject with me, but I love the discussion.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

I Thinka doe only season would be great. You should see how out of whack the ratio is up here.
Then I agree that there should be a restriction on the size of bucks that are legal. I am sick of seeing people shooting yearling bucks that didn't even have a chance to grow. 4 on one side would be great.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Spike

I would like to see people shoot a lot less yearlings bucks too. Maybe a does only season would help people see what a year can do for most bucks. I am definetly in favor of some sort of change.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have lived in MN for only 3 years, but their management is a lot like that of MO, where I am from. I hunted Illinois then and will hunt WI from here on out. I don't like the early "rut" gun seasons. I think this is the biggest factor in fewer Mature Bucks being around. I however am an avid bowhunter so I am biased, if I was only interested in gun hunting I would love to hunt MN or MO as I would be in the woods during the rut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.