Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MI v WI

Old 12-08-2006, 01:16 PM

Default MI v WI

I am considering buying hunting property in either MI or WI. I am not a resident of either MI or WI. Can anyone tell me which state is has more favorable regulations for a guy like me? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MI v WI

First, welcome to the forums. I live in Michigan and think some of it is a beautiful place. You are going to have to pay some hefty $$ for good hunting land in either. Michigan's hunting seasons are long and we have a decent number of deer. Too many permits have been being handed out, and now deer numbers a declining drastically. The decision is up to you, my friend.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Spike

Check your PM's as I sent you some information on both states.

Skystalker
Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 PM

Thanks, buckhunter14. Advice from more experienced hunters is exactly why I signed up.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

If you have a few thousand an acre to spend I would go up to Northwestern Wisconsin. Can't beat the big bucks up there.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

yeah them northwestern deer, there somethin.. haha try west central wisconsin, buffalo county perhaps. one of the best big buck areas in the world..duh
Old 12-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Spike

I live in Wisconsin but own land in Illinios and hunt there. My property taxes on 240 acreswith no buildings are just $300 a year. My tillable ground rents out a $150 an acre. I get all mydeer and turkeytags for me and my boys as land onwers at a reduced rates.

The Chicago people don't hunt much so there is not the hunting pressure you get in WI. or MI.On Saterday of second season I saw 31 deer walk with in shooting distance and shot a decent 7 pt. Buck.
The weather is also a bit warmer
I can tell you that woodedproperty in WI is considered recreational and you won't be paying a buck an acre.
The bluff that are farm is on is about 6000 acres of wilderness. The DNR officer told me that this area of Il has a very high deer population of 60 deer per square mile. I love Wisconsin it is home but Illinios is my place to hunt.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:38 PM

There are a ton of small to medium sized farm and woodlot properties for sale in my general area which is Columbia County WI. The area just North of the WI Dells has quite a few areas that are for sale as well as areas in Sauk and Adams counties, whichhave bothbeen AWESOME the last few years for not only big deer - but numbers of deer too.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure where you are from habiv,But there are good oppertunities for hunting in Wisconsin and Michigan.
I live in Menominee county,Which is just across the river from Wisconsin.
The best thing I could tell you is do some checking of differnt properties and it's potential as far as food plot's and farm land's around it.
As far as i'm concerned it's probley( six of one, half dozen the other)
Good luck in your quest
Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

If you have the money, I would strongly suggest buying land in Buffalo County. You won't be disapointed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.