Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois' second season >

Illinois' second season

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois' second season

Old 11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois' second season

It looks like cold temps Thursday through Sunday. I hope this gets them up and moving.

Who else is hunting the second season, where, and with what.
Me, State Land in Oregon, with my Remington LT-20, and the GP-100in case I get one in close.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois' second season

Sucks as usual. Record heat wave to screw us bowhunters for the last week! I had a good Colorado tag and missed prime rut here in IL then. It was cold of course.When I returned it was freakin 50 degree lows! For a week! What the who is that?

I will be bowhunting thursday on an archery only public land in NE Illinois. At least I got somewhere to go when the guns blaze. Willbowhunt tomorrow morning a bit, then scout for the thursday cold front.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going down to Williamson county. Will report after the trip. Bowhunted public land yesterday morning inN.E. Illinois but didn't see anything. Talked to another bowhunter who saw a nice 8pt. trailing a doe on Thanksgiving despite the warm temps.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

I won't get out until friday, but will be in Lee County with 50 cal Omega in hand. Hope the temps get em moving and thank goodness the corn is finally down.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be out Saturday and Sunday mornings up here in McHenry County. Weather looks like it should be a huge help (finally!) This is my 1st year hunting here in IL, and I still haven't gotten used to the shotgun-only rule.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 AM

I'll be out Friday-Sunday in Cumberland county with my trusty old remington 870
Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Spike

danscott,
I see you're in Lee Co - I live in Sterling. Got 2 deer 1st season down in McDonough Co (family farm), but want to hunt some public land up here Thurs & maybe Fri. You ever hunt Green River wildlife area or Lowden Miller park? Those are 2 areas I'm looking at hard since I can get a either sex standby tag. Haven't had any time to scout (LM about 4 hours last Sun, & drove by GR last night). I know LM had a crapload of stands up, but don't know if they are mostly archery or gun hunters. Any help would be great from anyone in the area. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

buckmasters- I hunt a lease in Franklin Grove. Right next door is the Franklin Creek State owned property which is open to hunter's with appropriate license and tags. I've never been to Green River, but have heard that it is pretty good. Never been or heard of the Lowden Miller Park, sorry.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I will definately be out Thursday morning. I got my biggest buck ever Friday of second season last year. With the addition of my new blind I will be out of the wind as well. I am pumped!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 PM

I'll be out with the wife as moral support in Whiteside county. Gonna have her use my muzzleloader. I get to do the grunting, dragging and dressing.
I guess i shouldnt have filled all my tags first season. :-)
Thanks
Jim

Quick Reply: Illinois' second season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.