HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Wisconsin Gun Season...Big Flop? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/167066-wisconsin-gun-season-big-flop.html)

wis_bow_huntr 11-27-2006 07:51 AM

Wisconsin Gun Season...Big Flop?

Well the first part of the Wisconsin Gun Season has passed us and I tell ya what, what a flop, there was more failure than success this year and I have talked to many hunters that hunt other parts of the state and they as well claim that it was a very quiet 9 days. Sure there were some nice bucks taken this year but I bet everyone that shot them will tell ya the same thing. It was slow getting them. There were 6 of us on our property most of the season and only 3 deer taken out, no bucks. Bow season was great the woods were full of bucks and does and a very even ratio. What happend to all the deer? What are some others thoughtson the gun season?? Flop or Successful. Do not look at the deer kill numbers as the WDNR likes to speak out there asses, saying another record kill this year, thats complete BS. If there was another record kill, we wouldnt have any more deer left. I want my money back.

erope 11-27-2006 08:38 AM

RE: Wisconsin Gun Season...Big Flop?

No flop here!! ;) Got my first buck this year opening weekend. It was 1 of 2 deer I saw while hunting.

wis_bow_huntr 11-27-2006 10:05 AM

How many days did ya hunt???
Where?

erope 11-27-2006 10:48 AM

Got my deer opening weekend on Sunday afternoon. I hunted in Langlade County.

My bro got a 4 pt. on Saturday morning. I saw 1 doe Saturday afternoon and the buck I shot on Sunday. That was it.

wis_bow_huntr 11-27-2006 10:52 AM

I tell ya how bad it was here. Last year opening morning on our farm, I saw 48 deer, opening mornin this year, 0. I saw one on Thanksgiving, and 2 yesterday. Nothing I could get a shot at. Bow season was exceleelnt not sure where all the deerwent but sure seems like they left the county.

erope 11-27-2006 11:01 AM

I usually hunt somewhere else (private land) and see alot of deer, mainly does. Not sure how it compared to last year where I hunted, as far as deer seen, but there were several other hunters in our area that had gotten deer. (Few bucks, few doe)

erope 11-27-2006 11:02 AM

Here's what I got.

huntboy3181 11-27-2006 02:30 PM

erope, Wis bow huntr's point was that nobody saw hardly any deer. you said it wasn't a flop because you shot a buck opening weekend. but you only saw 2 deer, so it was definately a flop. if you only see 2 deer, its a poor season

peakrut 11-27-2006 03:08 PM

erope I also hunted langlade county. Did you hunt private property?
Did you bait? I have to tell you from the feedback I got out by Elton
and near Hollistor not much deer activity at all.
Myself was hunting timber company land and seen 3 does opening day
and 1 deer thanksgiving day and I hunted 7 days out of the 9 day season.
I personally think the previous tzone hunts that occured up there
did there job and brought the herd down big time on public land.
Now some of the private land especially near the reservation has plenty
of does because the owners keep it that way. I also think baiting has
ruined a lot of hunting especially some of the piles I found that were way
over the 2 gallon limit. Just my little thought on this past season.
We got 1 doe out of 8 guys.
I then wentnear richland center the heart of CWD for 2 days this past
weekend and was surprised to see 6 does the first morning and sunday seen 5. With all the reduction they wanted this surprised me. They dont
allow baiting in that zone. Dont get me wrong if its legal to each his own
but I do believe it has a affect on hunting. Good luck the rest of the
season and nice buck.

peakrut 11-27-2006 03:13 PM

P.S- I seen last night in another message you asked where in langlade I hunt but the site wouldnt let me
reply. I work 3rd shift so maybe some maintainence or something was going on with the site.
I hunt the krocker hills if you know where that is? North of Elton all the way up to 52.